Chapter 22. Mckayla

Chapter 22. Mckayla

There was two words to describe Daniel.

Fearless, and inspiring.

Daniel was everything a person should be. He's very strong, and has amazing courage. He can do anything he wants if he puts his mind to it.

While I was pushing Daniel in his wheel chair down a path in the park, it all came rushing down on me. I feel bad for the times I was mean to Daniel, now I love him with all my heart. He's some how my project, and I feel like I need to take care of him now, or there is no other way he would have enough strength to do what he wants to do.

I was walking down a gorgeous path in the park, with many tree's and flowers. It was silent today, and there wasn't many people here, but it was beautiful outside.

"How you doing up there, Daniel?" I asked, looking over the back of the wheel chair to talk to him.

"Good," He responded, looking back up and me and smiling. It was so amazing how Daniel could continue to smile, even when he couldn't walk, or ride his bike on this beautiful path.

I pushed Daniel over to the side of the path, where there was high grass, and a picnic table. I put the picnic basket on the table, and reached inside for Daniel's sandwich. "Here you go buddy," I said, handing the sandwich to him. Daniel opened the plastic bag, and practically devoured the sandwich. "You act like you haven't eaten in days, Danny!"

That made him giggle. "I'm just hungry."

I put the left over plastic bag back inside the picnic basket, and pushed Daniel out of the grass, to continue walking. I let the fresh air overwhelm me with pleasure, as it blew the hair out of my face. 

"Guess, what?" Daniel said. 

"What?" I asked. Daniel looked up at me.

"We're having a Spring Dance this Friday, and I'm wondering if I should go." 

"You should," I reassured him, nodding. 

"But," He said, looking down at the ground. "You have to bring a date."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Who are you going to ask?" 

"I don't know, nobody will go with me." 

I stopped the wheel chair, and walked over to him, kneeling down and holding his hand. "Daniel, you have no idea how amazing you are. Anyone would be lucky to go with you to that dance." 

"But who?" He asked. 

I breathed deeply and smiled. "Me."