Chapter 28. Casey

"He's been drinking," Corey's friend, Tony explained as soon as I arrived to the park. "I wouldn't go near him, he's made bad choices lately."

I breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm myself. It was getting hard to breathe. Not only was it super hot in the blazing sun, but I was getting more sick everyday. I didn't believe that Corey would ever drink, though. Ever since we broke up, things have obviously been very different. It was like when we were dating, I held him back from the horrible things he was tempted to try.

"Since he broke up with you," Tony said, sighing. "I don't even know how he could do it, honestly. He loved you."

"He didn't like the way I looked though. He always thought that looks mattered more than personality." Tears welled up in my eyes. I remember how It use to be. With my brown hair, I was the lead cheerleader. Nobody understood why my gorgeous hair was gone. There was stories, rumors, so many of them. Nobody cared enough to ask me what was really going on. "It's not fair, I have brain cancer. Does he understand, that if I had a choice, I wouldn't get rid of my hair?" I was wheezing now, my asthma was acting up. I wish I had brought my inhaler with me.

"Brain cancer?" A voice asked, coming up behind me. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I turned around to see that adorable boy that I was madly in love with, standing there. "Yeah, I have brain cancer."

He stepped closer to me. "I..." He said, speechless.

"Save it," I interrupted. "I know your sorry." My eyes felt a little fuzzy now. I ignored it, hoping it would pass.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice deeper. He looked almost drunk. "Are you getting better?"

"I don't really know. It's kind of hard to know. I don't think my therapy is working. I feel really weak lately."

"Don't worry,baby. I'm here now," He said, stepping more close to me. He looked like he was about to kiss me, but I pulled away.

"Didn't you miss me?" He asked, his voice husky.

I had to ask myself that question. Did I miss him? I concentrated, knowing my face was showing that thinking hard look. "No, actually I didn't miss you, Corey." He looked angry, and came rushing towards me, looking more aggressive than a wild animal. I tried to back away, but Corey was too fast. Without even having time to think,I tripped over a huge rock, and fell right on my back, hitting my head in the process. I tried to keep my eyes open, but I couldn't help it. Everything turned black, and my last thought was, "This is over."