Chapter 26. McKayla

Chapter 26. McKayla

I hated it when Cecilia flirted with other boys at our track meets. The boys would flirt back with her, but only because they liked the way her butt looked in our tight shorts. The boys would make it pretty clear they only came to watch our butts. The boys would smack Cecilia's butt all the time, and she didn't care. She took it as a compliment. She was too boy crazy.

Cecilia is a great person. She has a great personality. She'll stay things that she doesn't mean, though.

She's dreamed of being the President, for the longest time now. When we're alone, she will always say how she'll never fall for a stupid guy who only wants to sleep with her. But when a boy comes along, she doesn't think, she just goes along with it, because she's a flirt. She doesn't make any sense to me sometimes. She doesn't realize that they don't like Cecilia for herself. They liked her giant butt.

Yeah, I said it. At least I'm not lying. She even knows it too. But she thinks it's more of a blessing, rather than a curse.

Cecilia was running with me, around the track a couple of times, after we had our triple jump. We stayed at the track after every meet, because we loved running. It always felt so exhilarating. Sometimes I felt like she didn't feel the same way, though. Like she only did Track and Field for the boys.

I began to run as fast as I could, my hair flying back in the wind. I closed my eyes and pictured that I was flying. This helped me to run even faster.

"Wait up!" I heard Cecilia call after me. I slowed down to wait for her. She had a huge grin on her face. "Guess what?"

I cocked an eyebrow. "What?"

She motioned for me to come closer to her. "This guy, Brian over there, asked me to come to a High School party with him!" She giggled. "He called me... sexy!" She whispered.

"Great, fantastic. So your going to lose your virginity, tonight, while I'll be stuck at a Elementary School Dance, with Daniel, worried about you the entire time?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"No," She said. "Don't you worry about me, I'll be fine!" She tried to comfort me. It only made the situation worse.

"I just don't want you to fall for some loser, Cecilia. You deserve much better. You deserve to wait. Your an amazing person! Don't go down the wrong the path, please." I tried to get through to her. It of course didn't work, like always. She obviously didn't understand.

"McKayla, I love you, but I think you need to let me live my life, the way I want!" Cecilia crossed her arms over her waist.

I pushed her, lightly. "But that's not the right way to live your life, silly!"

She continued to stare at me with an annoyed look on her face. "Don't control me, McKayla."

I swallowed hard. She was really taking this seriously. "I'm not... I just don't want you to do things you'll regret."

"Well, it's too late." She backed up away from me. "Because I regret becoming friends with you."

Her words stung, and I had no idea what to do, as she walked away from me. I watched as she walked away with that senior boy, Brian, getting into his car, and laughing with him. She would thank me later. I had always given her good advice, I was always there for her. I had more common sense than her. She would realize it sooner or later.

~~

Even though I was going to an Elementary School dance, I still had to look good. I wore a pink dress, that looked like a top attached to a ruffled skirt. I hadn't wore it yet, but it was like eye candy. I loved looking at it. My hair was curly, except for my bangs, which I decided to keep straight.