Chapter 13. Alice.

Chapter 13. Alice.

Me and Kendall decided we were going to watch "Titanic" tonight at his house. It was an old classic, that we both had a deep passion for. This was one of the things we both had in common.

Kendall had a big family. He had three sisters. Marley was seventeen, Virginia was twelve, and Stacy was five. He also had two brothers. Bradley was eight, and josh was two. It definitely kept the house loud, and it was a little difficult to focus on the movie.

The boat was sinking right when, Marley flopped herself down on the couch, grabbed the remote and flipped the movie off.

Kendall looked at her with anger. "Why did you change it? That's my favorite part!"

"Oh, you were watching that junk?" She punched Kendall, and then leaned over to look at me. "Did you really want to see that, Sweetie?"

"No, that's okay," I lied.

"Sorry, Aly," He apologized, using the nickname, "Aly" for the first time.

I just smile and shrugged my shoulders. "It's okay, let her watch whatever she wants too. I've seen this movie a million times."

"Your rude," He told Marley. "Come on, Alice, let's go outside."

I just followed him out his back door. When we got there, he put his sweatshirt around my shoulders to keep me warm. It wasn't that cold out, it was almost April now, so spring was coming. "Thanks," I kiss him on the cheek. I see him grin through the darkness. The only thing that we have ever done is kiss on the cheek and hug. I was curious to actually kiss him, but I didn't have the courage to do that.

We go and sit in the grass, and he holds my hand tightly. The sky has a lot of stars outside, including one huge full moon, and that's probably why he wanted to take me outside. "It's pretty," I said.

"Yeah, I know." He turns to me, and I turn to him. "What's the best thing that's ever happened to you?"

I'm shocked by his question. It gives me a little time to think about, since it was so out of the blue. "Well, I guess my family. I guess being alive in general, it's the best thing that can happen."

"I like that answer," He replied. "I feel the same way, but I think the best thing that ever happened to me, was meeting a girl, who's perfect for me. And that's really difficult to find. I'm really lucky." He puts his arm around me, and I lean on his shoulder.

"That's so sweet," I implied.

"It's true." He leaned in closer to me. He was going to kiss me. I closed my eyes, and leaned in too.

"My barbie's head fell off!" Stacy's head popped up in the back of us, as she shook the be-headed barbie doll in our face. I jumped, and got up quickly.

"Stacy! Go um... go ask mommy to fix it," He enforced. He scratched the back of his head, awkwardly.

"Okay," She pouted, and went back inside.

"Sorry about that," He said. I just leaned back, and laughed hysterically.