Chapter 17. Alice

Chapter 17. Alice.  

Sometimes I wonder what happens to Kendall when he doesn't call for a few days. Sometimes, it reaches up to weeks, with no calls. I was hoping I could find out what actually did happen today.

When I called Kendall's cell phone for the fifth time, I finally gave up hope. I decided to call his home phone now.

After the third ring, someone finally answered. "Hello?" A little girl answered.  

"Hi sweetie, is Kendall there?" I recongized the voice, it was Stacey.  

"Why do you need to know?" She questioned.  

I didn't know what to say. "I need to talk to him," I said, nice and slow so she would understand. 

"Are you a kidnapper?" She asked, the phone was breaking up a little.  

"No...?" I took a deep breath, to keep from getting mad. "No, honey, I'm Alice. You remember me, right?" 

"Nope! Talk to you later!" And with that, she hung up the phone.  

"Hello?" and no answer.  

Why was Stacey so... Different? She was a strange human being.

I was determined to try his cell phone again. Someone finally answered this time, but all I heard was breathing. Feeling a little frightened, I just pushed the end button on my phone, and tried again. When someone answered, I quickly talked. "Hey, it's Alice."

"Why are you such a stalker?" Stacey said, and I jumped by the sound of her voice. I was so use to Kendall answering.  

I ended the call, and just as I did, the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs, slipping a little on the hardwood floor, as I did. I opened the door, and I would have never guessed who was standing there.

...