•Part 1•

February 10th 1967

"No mother I don't need to see a doctor I'm perfectly fine... Yes, i know you told me yesterday! If I feel as if I'm tumbling into an endless pit of despair I'll telephone you right away... And call my doctor yes yes, now I need to get on mother! I'll speak to you after supper... Goodbye"

Amelia sighed back into her seat wondering if she should just let in a thin line of sunlight from her window. She hesitated, like she did every time this occurred, but let go of the drawstring. She knew it would only cause an addictive cycle of regret for many days or months or maybe even years to come. He probably doesn't even think about me, she thought silently. Amelia drew her focus back on her latest column she was writing that week, annotating and noting down ideas. This was another main issue, just like the Beatles' one she had published many months ago, but with The Rolling Stones.

The American tour special was a hit, probably the pinochle of her career so far, and certainly gained a lot of attention. This was partly because of how brilliantly it was written, but was also due to the fact that she had split with Paul a month previously. Of course this caused immense confusion amongst the fans and the press but it died down pretty soon. Amelia's close friends and family supported her greatly through the break up but didn't have to comfort her for long as she seemed to have moved on relatively quickly. That's what she believed for quite some time even though she secretly kept the very first print of that magazine issue in the bottom of her lowest desk drawer.

Since Paul had been removed, she had to work out the times she would not see nor make contact with him. She did so by calculating the number of hours on average he would spend at the studio. But she couldn't bare to see him and instead used the sound of his car pulling up and departing every morning as a sign that he was present in the area without having to look out of the window. And that was really the only thinking she did about him. She didn't believe she had time to wallow in her own self pity and pursued her career even deeper, but she notice a change that morning.

A sound of a car that wasn't familiar seemed to pull up outside Abbey Road Studios and she knew it was him by the sounds of his footsteps she had memorised from their relationship. This change sparked inside her and cause her to think much more deeply about him and why his car sounded different. She soon discovered it was new. But why did this sudden change make her think longer than usual and completely fascinate her. Who's was it? As she thought harder about the situation, she could feel quick flashes of urges and words she'd bottled up for so long and not even processed fully but breathed them back down.

Was this the beginning of a new chapter for her and was she able to handle the consequences that were dragged along?

After a brief moment of her hands shaking and palms sweating, she slammed her pen down and stood from her chair rather abruptly. She couldn't tame the temptation any longer and was determined to open the blind that had been closed ever since they had parted. Just as she was about to reach for the cord, a soft but sudden knock interrupted her.

"Come in" she hollered recognising the knock.

Her personal assistant Debbie peaked around the crook of the door "Sorry to intrude Miss Jordan but I heard a quite distressing sound from downstairs".

Amelia smiled at her care "Oh I'm okay Debbie, no need to be alarmed. I think I just... didn't pick my chair up properly".

"Were you trying to open the window? It is strangely hot in here, I must say, and these can be very temperamental with the weather being so cold" she inquired walking over to it and out stretching her hand.

"Oh no there's really no need to that, I was just having a little stretch that's all" she protested desperate for her to not open it.

A sort of concerned look flushed across her face but was soon corrected with her casual warm smile "Well I mustn't keep you, lunch break is soon by the way so you can have a bit more of a stretch. Have a good day Miss Jordan" she whistled as she closed the door.

Amelia grabbed her thick winter trench coat, her long scarf and placed her bowler hat gently on her curled hair. She added some gloves to her winter ensemble, as the temperature had dropped, before taking one last glance back at the dreaded window.

She knew just the place to go for reassurance and left swiftly to arrive in time.