•Part 10•

May 26th 1967

"Hello Paul" she smiled but only small.

He exhaled his cigarette smoke "Good evening Lia".

She smirked slightly at the familiar nickname. "Now," she said crouching to his level "once again I have been given an assignment with limited information so would you care to enlighten me on what it is I'm actually doing here?".

Paul grinned at her remark and tapped the excess of the cigarette "Well, as a matter of fact, you are at The Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band press conference" proudly smiling.

Those words impacted her more than she had imagined, just the title gave her a sense of overwhelming creativity and freshness that only Paul could detect.

"Oh this is going to be a remarkable night" Amelia said looking down at her fingers.

"Have you heard it yet?" He asked.

She shook her head "No, not at all".

Paul scoffed "Amelia Jordan, how have you not heard this" he said rubbing out his cigarette.

Amelia laughed a little "I mean it must be very special".

He laughed fully "Oh yes, just you wait" and smirked.

She couldn't help but smile back at him as she endured the silence they had created and studied him. Paul seemed himself once again, maybe it was because he had shaved? It just felt as if they were back in 1963 when they first met.

"So when can I hear this album of yours?" She smirked back finally.

Paul smiled and leaned closer to her ear "Meet me upstairs after the press talk and I'll play it to you".

She didn't really know how to comprehend the intimacy that had just occurred but she breathed through and accepted his offer.

"Ok then," she said opening her bag pulling out her pad and pen "I might as well interview you"

Paul adjusted his position and cleared his throat "Lets do it".

She gave him a gleam and then focused back on her questions. Time flew by and before she knew it, she was engrossed in a full on conversation about how the album was created. Amelia was absolutely mesmerised by the method behind the music as she always was and Paul knew that he was slowly luring her back into his life. For a moment she thought that she was becoming obsessed but then realised she hadn't even heard the record yet.

"Paul" a gentleman said behind her and she turned to see Brian Epstein standing above.

"Brian" She exasperated.

"Hello Amelia" He said and she stood to shake his hand and later pulled her into an embrace.

"Nice to see you. Paul, we need you now" he said pulling him away and they made their way out of the room.

Before he left completely she grabbed his hand "I'll be waiting" and subconsciously winked at him.

He grinned and gave it a tight squeeze before rushing off for the press talk. Amelia exhaled a huge breath and made her way to the talk. She caught a small glimpse of the ladies lavatory and quickly decided to compose herself in the cubical. Amelia took multiple deep breaths and made sure she wasn't becoming hysterical. How had she been so confident all of a sudden? One thing she could firmly conclude from this matter was that her Grandmother was right. The time had come and she was going to take the plunge after all this time of waiting and waiting and waiting. She finally finished her session in the bathroom and entered the conference hall just as it began.

"What inspired this new so called 'sound' you have discovered?" A gentleman near the front asked with a tape recorder.

John was the first to speak "Well, you know, we all went off and did our own things after the tour ended. I landed a role in a film which I hope you've heard about because I'm in it" He said causing laughter.

"And of course we all had glamorous opportunities too" Paul commented causing another laugh to erupt "but we mainly obtained inspiration through those particular activities. George went galavanting off on some pilgrimage to Mumbai to study sitar under the influence of Ravi Shankar. I think Ringo was spending time with his wife Maureen and baby Zak in Surrey. And then I..."

He paused gazing up at Amelia as she smiled out of sympathy knowing what was going through his mind.

Finally he said "Well that just a left me to do all the writing" and chuckled causing her to smile back at him.

She raised her dainty hand "You say that you did all the writing, didn't anyone else have an input towards the music lyrically?" Although she already knew the answer, it's was mainly for the other reporters benefits.

"Well especially with George's new love of Western music he really took grasp of the style and that's why the song "Within You Without You" was written and included on the album. We all eventually had song ideas when we came back together after our break and found our feet again I guess".

Paul looked back to Amelia as she gazed at him. He could look at her all day and he wouldn't grow tired, but there was one thing pressing on his mind.

She needed to hear the album.