•Part 32•

November 27th 1967

It was finally the day for the world to hear The Beatles' new record - Magical Mystery Tour. This time though, there was no press conference being held until the release of the film in late December. Still, George Martin and the boys organised a party for that evening at his home in Kensington. His wife, Judy, had arranged a fabulously extravagant dinner party with grand decorations that had transformed their house entirely. Needless to say, hosting was her gift.

Meanwhile, Amelia and Paul were preparing themselves for the night. Sheila, once again, had helped her to pick out an outfit for the evening - a slick, black playsuit with flared bottoms. As for Paul, he pulled out an old suit that hadn't been seen in a while. It was a bottle green colour which he matched with a classic white dinner shirt.

"Tie or no tie?" he asked standing in front of the mirror.

Amelia walked up to where he was as he swapped the tie over in front of him, then pulling it away again.

"No tie" she said simply, and that was that.

Paul trusted her opinion and proceeded to make his way to the bathroom where she was originally getting ready. She later returned back to her place in front of the mirror where Paul was now looking at himself.

"Hey! I was here first" she said with a slight whine.

He moved over, "Well you weren't here just now" and smirked.

"I just need to finish my makeup" she laughed a little.

"Why are you laughing?" Paul asked now laughing too.

She continued, "I'm not so sure, but you are funny I suppose".

"What?" he asked confused with a small chuckle.

She laughed some more now feeling giddy, "Anyway! Can I please finish getting ready!"

"Of course, dear" he said finally moving to the side "You look beautiful already" he added giving her quick kiss on her cheek.

She smiled and then continued to apply some more makeup to her petite face. She decided to try a new trend with eyeliner that evening that she hadn't ever dared to do before. But Sheila persisted that she tried it and emphasised how it would perfectly compliment Amelia's eye shape. She drew a long, thin line with the black liquid on her lash line, then continued to apply more and more until the line became thicker - just as Sheila had instructed. After Paul had finished doing his hair he looked at her reflection in the mirror and noticed her new look. He stood back a little and took in her features as he turned to face her.

She noticed him staring at her, "Is it terrible?" she asked now afraid that she had made a mistake.

Paul looked at her eyes some more, "No, I love it" he said eventually.

"It's just a new thing Sheila told me about. Apparently lots of models are doing it now" she informed him.

"Yeah, it works really well on you" he said smiling and pulling her in for another kiss.

"Aw, thank you Paulie" she beamed.

He took a small glance at his watch, "We better finish up soon, our taxi is arriving in 5 minutes".

They both completed the last finishing touches to their ensembles before their cab arrived at Amelia's door. On their journey, the driver warned them of a large presence of press that had collected around George's home. The pair understood and soon they reached their destination. The chauffeur timely opened the door for Amelia and before she could jump out, the cameras turned away from the front door and towards Paul and herself. The media had made a sudden increase in each of their lives at this point, due to the publics realisation that they were now engaged. They were quickly escorted by security to the front door amidst the madness of shouting and flashes from numerous cameras.

"This better not be a messy night, they've got evidence of us now" Paul said in her ear jokingly before stepping into the party.

They walked through to where the action seemed to be happening and were met by an enormous roar of cheers. The two smiled and Paul struck his fist into the air in accomplishment causing Amelia to laugh.

"Hey you two!" Harrison said giving Paul a long embrace and Amelia a kiss on the cheek.

"Did you get in alright?" he asked with genuine care.

"Just about" she replied honestly.

"Don't suppose you've seen John, have you?" He asked again.

The couple looked at each other, "No, not yet. He's usually the first to arrive to these sorts of things, isn't he?" Paul replied.

"I know, that's why I'm concerned. Besides, we did organise this" George said back taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, lets give him a few minutes before we panic. In the meantime, where's the bar?" Paul said.

"It's in the kitchen this time. Judy is doing a wonderful job I must say" Pattie chirped beside her husband.

Amelia and Paul then waltzed over to the kitchen to get some drinks. They were first handed some glasses of champagne before Paul ordered a whiskey. They took in the flamboyant decorations, fitting with the Magical Mystery Tour aesthetic, and gave their compliments to Judy for her creativity and hospitality. The pair spent the next few hours milling around conversing with other guests that were there. Most of them asking about their engagement and how the wedding planning was going.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly, when suddenly John flew through the door of the living room. He looked heavily intoxicated and full of rage. His suit was rugged and so was his hair. Paul immediately rose from his seat.

"John. You alright mate?" he asked placing a hand on his back which he didn't realise was so sweaty at first.

He then spat through his teeth, "Where's the bloody bar!"