•Part 8•

May 25th 1967

Making her way to the plane took longer than she had anticipated. Although she was usually the one who was doing the interviewing, on the way it had been flipped. Random members of the public approached her and asked her questions such as "Where have you been lately?" And "How is Paul?". Her mouth stayed shut as she peacefully made it to her gate. When she discovered she was flying first class, she wanted to correct the air hostess and tell her that she was mistaken. The flight was lengthy yet she enjoyed travelling as it gave her space to think.

The first person she had told about her assignment was her Grandmother who was thrilled, then her family obviously who were overjoyed at her new accomplishment. Soon, she landed in the early hours of the morning and took a pre-booked car which lead her to a glamorous hotel. Mr Miles always made things that were too good to be true actually happen and she was astounded at his graciousness. After unpacking her belongings and pressing her gown for the following evening, she jumped back onto the bed to relax. It was nearly her bed time so she had a quick shower, brushed her teeth, read a few chapters of I Capture the Castle before switching off her lamp on her bedside table.

Her thoughts drifted and merged into a dream, an extremely vivid one and because she had naturally lucid dreams, it made them very interesting. Amelia dreamt that she had stumbled across a remote cottage in the middle of the country side which looked like Brighton to her. Much to her intriguing nature, she opened the door to the said cottage to find her grandmother to be sat in a rocking chair. It was unusual yet calming to be in her presence, even though she actually wasn't there. She was more alive than she'd ever seemed and had no sign of memory loss at all. Her grandmother stood and guided Amelia to a beautiful rose garden outside that was one of the most overwhelming sights in her life. If it was possible to weep during sleep, she would've there and then. Supposedly her Grandmother took her hand but she noticed it didn't seem as frail and wrinkled, Amelia then discovered it was her own mothers. It was as if she had morphed into a completely different person. She thought that maybe every time she looked away, the person would change. But she didn't want it to. Her mother was perceived as more youthful and full to the brim with happiness. They leaped through the garden and onto the hills that whisked them away so gracefully. Flying or floating in dreams was something that astounded Amelia and never seemed to have a clear explanation. How can you feel such a prominent sensation when it isn't even happening?

She started to reconsider eating cheese ever again before bed.