Chapter Nine

Shay

It's been a busy few days and I am passed tired. We shot 12 scenes in two days and I'm exhausted. Matte went back home to Toronto for a few weeks so it was just me and Angel. We got so many scenes done this week that we're ahead of schedule so I don't have to report back to New York for three weeks.

I'm lying across my bed right now listening to Sammy go on and on about something. I frowned when I noticed Sasha's best friend Kenn calling me. I answered before looking at Sammy.

Shay: Kenn... hi!
K: (sigh) Shay
Shay: What's wrong? Is Sasha okay?
K: Yeah! Uh, no. No she's not

I sat up. What's going on? Oh God, I hope she's not hurt!

K: Sasha would kill me if she knew I called you
Shay: Tell me
K: (sighs) Sash has been really down in the dumps. She saw some pictures of Hudson cheati-
Shay: WHAT?!
K: Uh Yeah. You haven't heard about that?
Shay: No! Oh my God! Where is she?
K: That's kinda why I was calling. We don't know
Shay: Oh no! When's the last time you heard from her?
K: Two days ago. She saw the pictures as she was scrolling through Twitter and as soon as the meeting wrapped up, she left. No one's heard from her
Shay: Okay. Okay. Sammy and I will go to her house and see what's going on
K: Oh thank God! It'll be another day before I can leave New Jersey
Shay: No problem. We'll check on her

I hung up the phone and told Sammy what was going on. I threw on a sweater and we got in the car. When we got to Sasha's, it was so calm. We almost left because we thought she wasn't home but when we walked by the window, I saw her curled up in the corner, near her window seat. I knocked on the door and called out for her.

Shay: Sasha?

I heard sniffling and a few gasps. The door opened slightly and when she saw me, she grabbed me, pulling me into her. Her face ended up in my neck and she began to sob uncontrollably. I wrapped my arms around her and slightly rocked her back and forth. I laid my cheek on her head and shushed her. Sammy came in and closed the door. I walked Sasha over to her window seat and I sat down, cradling her in my lap. After a few minutes, she began calm down. I took her chin and lifted it up, looking into her eyes.

They were amazing. Even with tears in her eyes, the ice blue orbs touched my soul and made me want to melt. I gave her a slight smile.

Shay: Do you want to talk about it?
S: (shaking head) Please. Ju-just hold me
Shay: Of course. Would you like to go lie in the bed?
S: Ye-Yes please

As we went up the stairs, I noticed that Sammy had already gone in the kitchen and started making her famous soup. Sammy made the best French onion soup so I knew Sasha would enjoy it. We got in the bed and I laid pack on the pile of pillows. Sasha buried her head in my chest and I could feel that she was crying again. I ran my fingers through her hair lightly scratching her scalp. She calmed down once again and I planted a kiss on her forehead.

A few minutes later, Sammy walked into the room and placed a thermo Of soup on the dresser. She also placed two bottles of water up there. She gave me a slight smile.

Sam: I'm going to run a few errands and I'll be back
Shay: Okay

I heard the front door click softly behind her and I turned my attention back to Sasha. She was looking up at me and she looked so hurt and vulnerable. I kissed her forehead again.

S: W-wh-why ca-can't I- keep a-a man? Am I not pr-pretty enough?

Her statement caught me off guard. Not pretty enough? Is she kidding?

Shay: (looking into her eyes) Sasha, you are gorgeous! You're one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Your eyes alone could stop a heart cold. Your hair (runs fingers through her hair) people would kill to have it. And these dimples (sticks pinky in her dimple) are the most adorable thing ever. And your smile, Sash wow! Your smile makes my day better than ever, just seeing it for only a second

I saw her shy smile as she looked down. I couldn't help but smile.

Shay: See? Sasha Pieterse, you are beautiful and don't you ever let me hear you doubt yourself. You're perfect and there is nothing wrong with you. Hudson is a fucking prick
S: (kisses Shay's cheek) Thank you for being here for me
Shay: (lays her forehead on Sasha's) There's no where else I'd rather be. Get some sleep. I'm here