Chapter Thirty-One

Shay

As we left the arena, reporters started firing off questions. And surprise surprise, most of them revolved around The Perfectionist, Sasha and my next Shaycation. I decided to give them what they want and bask in the moment.

Shay: Well, I'm definitely open to being on the show. I mean, it's the perfect set up right? And with our new partnerships, it's definitely a possibility. As far as Sasha, you'll definitely be getting a reunion with us... very soon. And the next Shaycation... I need some ideas, I need some help. Where should I go next? Tweet me, dm me, let me know!
Photog: Awesome Shay. One last question. Are you and Matte Babel official and considering marriage?

I looked around smiling. I didn't really want to answer this question because I didn't want to hurt Matte or cause an awkward moment. So I looked at Matte and responded.

Shay: Well, we're just taking things slowly and enjoying each other's company. No news just yet sooo (laughs)

I could see the anger building up in Matte and I honestly didn't want to deal with it, I began walking quickly to the Uber. Matte walked behind me mumbling. When we got I. The car, he let loose.

M: What are we doing here Shay?
Shay: What do you mean?
M: I mean, you fucking treat me like your best friend and you never fucking claim me in public. What are we doing?
Shay; Like I said, we're taking things slow and enjoying each other's company
M: It's been a year. Fuck slow. I want to marry you. So tell me what you want

I looked out the window. I care deeply for Matte... but as I've said before. It's mostly in a brotherly-best friend type of way. I do t get the pitter-patters I. My heart like I do with Sasha. The kisses aren't as passionate and mind-blowing. I don't get the urge to shower him with my love and affection. He just doesn't make me as happy.

M: So I guess I got my answer
Shay: Matte (sigh) I love you. You are a great guy and a very big part of my life... it's just, I -
M: I get it. We aren't to that point yet. It's okay

I decided to just let it be. But I know... the only person I want is Sasha.

*The Next Morning*

Sasha

I smiled as I walked through the screaming crowd. Good Morning America is always a good time. I enjoy the atmosphere and the camaraderie with the anchors. I sat on the couch and waved to the crowd. I was asked about the show, my illness, Hudson and what's next in my career. Then I get asked about Shay,

Robin: So, Pretty Little Liars really opened the dialogue about teen sexuality. Your character Alison played a popular teen girl, fighting to come to grips with who she is. How do you feel about Alison's progress on the show?
S: Well, Alison is awesome. She's prissy, bitchy and in love with her best friend. And she doesn't know how to deal with her feelings. Luckily, well, depending on how you look at it, A distracts her but she can't help how she feels. The fact that Alison finally got to be with who her heart desires, really made me happy
Laura: speaking of, you and Shay Mitchell seem to be a hit with fans. So much so that they are still crazy about you all, months after the show's end. How do you deal with the Emison-Sashay shippers?
S: I love them. I adore their passion not only for the characters but for Shay and I as actresses. And I couldn't be more great full for an even better counterpart
George: Now, there were some rumors about a real relationship between you two. Is there any truth to that?

I took a deep breath knowing how I answer this question could have damaging consequences for us both. But this is something that I can't do any longer. I need to get this off my chest. I have to do this for myself and if it doesn't work out... at least I know that I was true with myself.

S: Actually... there is. It's been something that I've been battling with much like Alison. I've been battling it since I met Shay.

Robin: Whoa whoa, wait! I think we need to help the Emison-Sashay fans over here. I think they're about to lose it!

Sure enough I looked over and many of them were holding their heads, jumping up and down and screaming. I smiled before blowing them kisses.

George: So....
S: The truth is George (laughs/sighs) I'm completely and totally in love with Shay Mitchell.