Chapter Thirty-Five

Sasha

As we rode to the airport, I went through the many pictures of Shay and I. I couldn't help but smile. Most of our pictures are silly or super-sexy. But mostly goofy. Shay has a way of putting me in the best moods and making sure I'm happy. That's one of the reasons I love her and can't wait to hopefully make her just as happy. I sighed when I ran across my favorite picture of us. It started off as a selfie but Shay photobombed me. It actually came out great. As I stared at the picture, I began writing the caption for my fans on Instagram.

Dear Fandom,
By now you've probably heard about Shay and I. And you've probably heard about yesterday's incident. I want to clear the air and be open and honest with you. I'm in love with Shannon Mitchell. Sadly, the person that I was in a relationship with and thought of as a good friend did something awful that has put the person I love in danger. I broke up with him because I was finally able to own up to my feelings and things took a turn for the worse. I admit, I fell in love with Shay while I was still with someone else. And I tried to deny those feelings but, you can't help who you love. I realize now that Shay is the first and only person I've ever been in love with. Shay really needs your prayers right now. Currently waiting on the brown eyes that I love so much to wake up and light up at me once again. Thank you and I love you all. - Sasha

As soon as the post went up, my notifications went crazy. Ashley finally parked and we went to the gate to wait. As soon as Shay's parents and  Sean saw us, they an over with tears in their eyes.

P: I'm so sorry it took us so long to get here
Mark: Let's get to the hospital so we can find out what's going on

We got in the car and talked on the ride over. When we got there, the nurse took us to Shay's room where she was groaning in pain and leaning over on the bed. Her mom and I plus the nurse ran over.

P: Baby, are you okay? Where does it hurt?
Shay: (moaning) My stomach
Nurse: Let me get you some medicine. Hang on

Even though she was in pain, tears of happiness spilled down my face knowing that she's awake. She looked at me and I melted. She gave me her best smile and held out her arms for me. I sobbed and ran into them. She held me and I buried my face in her neck as we held each other. Shay's dad grinned at us and I giggled because his smile looks so much like Shay's. Sean walked up to us.

Sean: Sooo, you're just gonna scare us like that?
Shay: (laughs) Hi Sean. Love you too
Sean: I love you too sis (kisses her forehead) You need to get better quick. I need bonding time with my new sis (smiles at me)
Shay: Hey horndog, keep it in your pants. She's mine
Sean: (hands up) Hey, no trouble this way. I'll just put my energy into this other sexy blonde (winks at Ashley)
Ash: Oh dear God Sean! You're like my lil bro. Eww!
Sean: (blows a kiss) No relation babe

We all laughed and talked a while before Ashley and I went to the cafeteria to give Shay and her family some alone time. We called and let Trojan and Lucy know that Shay's awake and doing good. Precious called me and told me that Shay was asking for me. When I walked into her room, she smiled brightly at me. I went and got in the bed next to her.

Shay: I love you
S: (grins) I love you too
Shay: I can't wait to get out of her and cuddle on the sofa
S: You are so cute. You want to cuddle now?
Shay: (sighs) No offense but the kind of cuddling I want to do, would be awkward in this bed and would hurt my stomach
S: (kisses her cheek) I'm going to cuddle you then

I moved a little to put my back on her the bed. I pulled her into my arms and loosely held her. I heard her sigh and I smiled into her hair. I heard her light snoring, letting me know she was gone to sleep. I snuggled closer to her and closed my eyes, thankful that I get the chance to hold her in my arms again.pretty soon, sleep took ahold of me too. I'm so thankful.