Two

As soon as i woke up, i saw notifications light on my phone. Quickly, i grabbed my phone and unlocked it to see a message from dad.

'For what?'

I groaned, ruffling my hair due to frustration.

'After school, at the cafe in front of the school'

I replied. I may seemed like someone who doesn't get the question but i just wanted to change the subject.

'Okay'

I smiled wide looking at the message that i just received. Not because i will see him, but because i want to settle down everything in instant.

~

"Are u done?" i knocked my sister's door, Daeun because she was still not out from the room.

"Yep!" she opened the door and smiled wide then walked to the dining table along with me. While i was maiing breakfast, mom suddenly went downstairs and we both were shocked plus happy to see her.

"Mom here, i've made toast and bacon" i smiled and Daeun served her the plate with the dish on it. She smiled weakly and sat down beside me.

"Im sorry about these past days, i tried to--" Mom suddenly looked at Daeun before start talking. "No worries mom, im okay with it" she chuckled.

"Okay" Mom breathed in and out before she started talking. "The other day i called your father, telling hin about the amount.." She smiled weakly.

"And what did he say?" I asked. She just shook her head, smiling in sadness. "He won't give them back"

"Today im not going to work, i've got a medical certificate and will go to work tomorrow"

"Oh mom, that's good to hear because i will be home late tonight. Dont wait for me" i smiled. "Where are u going?"

"Just near the school"

•••

Once the school has ended, i sent my sister accross the street and excused myself. "I'll be go now" i told her.

"Whom are u going to meet?" she asked.

"Just my old friend. Go home straight away, okay?"

She nodded and walked away, and slowly disappeared from my sight then i didn't waste my time and went inside the cafe.

30 minutes passed, still no signs of him.

Finally, someone opened the door and entered, sitting in front of me. He had that smile on, thinking that i would be
happy to see my own dad, but no. He was completely wrong.

"Sorry for being late--"

"30 minutes late" I pressed my tone. He chuckled and a woman approached us then sat next to him. "Who is this?" i asked.

"This is my wife to be, and this is my daughter" he introduced both ofnus to each other. "I told you to come, not both of you" i said, glaring him in anger.

"What should i do, we just had our dinner together just now"

My mouth opened a bit, hearing what he said.

"You.. went to eat dinner" i repeated what he said. "Yes honey, why?"

"Are u crazy? im waiting here for 30 minutes and the excuse is because u went to have a dinner with this woman?"

"Dont call her that, she will be your step mom soon"

"No, i will stick with mom and you won't get any of us, not even Daeun. You are the cause" i stared at the woman.

"Dont speak to her like that" Dad raised his tone. "Believe or not, i dont have any respect toward you anymore. Im here to tell you, or should i say to force you to give back mom's money"

"What money? he didn't take anything from your mom" The woman laughed a bit. "You act this way because u need the money too. Im not a little girl anymore, give it back!"

"Try me. Lawyers? Courts? Everything we had through but i always win"

"That's because you played dirty. I will take the money back no matter what"

"That's funny. Whom are u going to ask help with? Your headmaster?"

"Dont challenge me, dad"

He stood up. "For sure, your mom can't take care of your properly. You even talk harshly to your own dad" He chuckled and stood up.

I just glared at both of them before they walked away, out from the cafe, leaving me behind.

I was sad, very sad and angry. I tried to hold my anger so the people around me won't notice our fights.

I placed my head onto the table and stared to the outside of the window, biting my lips and shut my eyes as a drop of tear escaped from my left eye.

Without staying anymore, i stood up and walked out from the cafe too after they're gone for 10 minutes already.

I stood there, looking down to my shoes.

"Hey" Someone greeted me from behind. I was emotionless, can't think of anything now. Dad even threatened me that he will take one of us with him.

As i turned around, i saw a young man in dark blue tee and denim. "Are u okay? Here is your purse, you accidentally left it"

He handed me the purse and i bowed a bit, thanking him without showing any smile or even any emotions.

"It's late, do u have anyone to pick u up... besides your dad?" He asked. I looked up at him "You heard us?"

"Sort of" he chuckled a bit awkwardly. "Usually i will just walk home" I stated.

"Where is your house?"

I looked at him weirdly. "Why are u asking?"

"It's not good to let a girl walk alone in dark. Dont think me as a pervert or anything. Im just being kind hearted" he chuckled.

"Im Namjoon by the way"