Twenty-eight

What does he mean by that?

I ate my breakfast while looking dpwn to the plate, spacing out.

"Hey, food is meant to be eaten not to watch it" Jinyoung reminded me and sat down with a cup of coffee in his hands.

He looked at me for a moment before he stood up again and walked out from there.

We just stayed there for two days already, but no sign. Sometimes, Jinyoung will go to see dad, leaving me behind with another guard. But he kept on telling him, to not touch me, or lay his hand to me.

If he cares about me so much, why would he hides me here

•••

I looked at the window, there was a bird chirping there. It was lonely, no friends at all, same here.

Uh.. This is annoying

As i was sitting down, i sketched something on the paper out of boredom.

Suddenly, i heard something fell from the hallway, makes me curious to find out what was it.

Slowly, i walked to the hallway to see the man on charge to watch over me was fell asleep, he was sleeping soundly.

"He must be tired" I whispered to myself and had an idea. I would've done this before but that Jinyoung is too frightening. It's like he is not the same Jinyoung anymore. But since he's not here, i will take this chance to escape

I grabbed my phone, my backpack and ran out from there. I tiptoed to walk out from the place and ran as fast as i could to find somewhere to use as a shelter for a while since it's dark.

But as expected, it's hard. Except for a small own workshop not too far from the house i was be hid earlier.

I ran into the place and shut the door behind me, as i switched on the small bulb on top of it.

"This will be okay than be locked inside the place. I need to hide well, they would find me in here too i guess" I told myself and found a cloth as i used it as a cover for me on the ground, used my backpack as my pillow. I hid myself behind the boxes so they won't see me right away.

I was sleeping and it was late. My eyes were closed tight, because too tired of this stupid adventure.

Suddenly i heard footsteps from the outside, it was wondering around and finally opened the door. My eyes were opened too and i covered my mouth, trying to not make any sound

But unfortunately, a hand reached out for mine and pulled me to the outside.

i thought it was the man, but i was wrong when i saw him standing in front of me with both eyebrows narrowed.

"J-jinyoung--" My eyes wide to see him. God please, no, why from all of the people, it need to be him who found me??

"Why are u here?" He asked, looking down at me. "I-i'm"

"I told i to stay inside. It's dangerous outside!" He yelled.

"Well it's more dangerous to be with you! let me go!!" I started to cry and struggled to break free but he was just stood there with his grip tightened.

"Do u hate me that much?" He asked with a sad expression. "wait what? yes of course! You are a traitor, how could you do that to us!" I gritted my teeth. "I told you that if u leave the place, i would kill you"

"Then kill me now" As soon as he raised his hand to hit me, he stopped. "Let me go!" I said, trying to pull my hand from his.

He let me go and i fell to the back, hit my head to the wall.

"Ouch ouch.." I massaged my head and sat there, in pain.

Jinyoung couldn't hold his laughter and laughed as he squatted in front of me and smiled. "Im sorry" He said with a smile while brushing my head.

I was in awe looking at him like that, what's wrong with him? He can be cheerful and mad at the same time.

It's been a long time since i smiled like this. Maybe it's because of you

I suddenly remembered those words when he told me that he could smile because of me that day.

"Jinyoung, you.."

I didn't get the chance to ask and he brought me in back, locked me inside the room as usual.

The next morning, i woke up with nobody by my sides. I got out, and looked around but there's nobody.

Once i cleaned up, i went outside again, wanted to eat but suddey i heard car's engine.

"It must be Jinyoung or anyone. Im tired of this" I spoke under my breath and sat down. I checked my phone, still no connection.

"Im hopeless"

Out of sudden a pair of arms hugged me from the back and he rested his chin on my shoulder.

My eyes grew large and tilted my head a bit, about to get mad to whoever it was but my lips won't move when i saw who was it.

"N-Namjoon?!"