Three

He walked me home, and we were in awkward silence at first.

"Im sorry to hear about your dad, i mean, he is not dead yet but--"

"I wish he is" i mumbled under my breath. "What?" he asked. "What?" I asked back and we both laughed a bit.

I smiled to the side and looked up to him. "Im sorry to make u go home with me" i apologised. "No worries. It makes me regret if something happens to you. As long as i get the chance to protect someone, i will"

"There are many people in the cafe, why dont u protect them too?"

"You know what i meant. These past days, many cases about rapes and kidnaps as most of the victims are teenagers"

"Right.." i nodded slowly, just realised it.

I pointed up to my house "That's my house, do u want to come in for a while?" I asked. He was hesitated. "Oh i forgot, it's late and u dont have any transport" I laughed awkwardly.

"That not the point. I can ask my friend to pick me up here. But.. won't I disturb your family or anything?"

"Just for a drink, won't be i guess"

•••

I pressed the bell and my sister opened the door, she was shocked to see Namjoon next to me.

I invited Namjoon in and he sat in the living room. When i was about to follow him, Daeun pulled me.

"Who is he? How can u get a nice ass man" Daeun whispered. My eyes widened and flicked her forehead slightly. "Language miss and he just walked me home that's all" i scoffed.

Mom was upstairs, she was asleep already. I went to make a drink for Namjoon and served two cups for both of us. I sat down on another couch and drank mine.

"I forgot to introduce my name, it's Ahyoung" I smiled. "I know it" he nodded. "How-" He pointed to my nametag on my jacket as i laughed.

"Right" i nodded. "How old are u? Are u a senior?"

"Well, yes i am" i nodded. "How about you?" "Mine is 23 years old, not a big difference than your age"

He took a sip and his attention was caught. "I guess someone wants to talk with you..?" He pointed at my back with his eyes. I turned around and saw Daeun was there, secretly hiding by the wall.

"More to joining us, Daeun come here" I said, looking at her. In quick, she came over and smiled shyly. "This is my younger sister, one year than me"

"Nice to meet you" Namjoon greeted her. At the same time, his phone rang and he answered it right away

"I will send you the location" Namjoon told the caller and stood up. "I will excuse myself now. My friend is around here" Namjoon smiled, showing his dimple while sending his friend the exact location of my house.

"O-oh right, thank you again for sending me home"

"My pleasure. And i hope your problem can be settle down fast and smoothly" He chuckled. I sent him to the gate and waited until his friend came over.

"There she is" He said, pointing to the car which's not too far, parked by the side. "Thank you for the drink, it's delicious"

Oncr he got into the car, quickly i walked into the house and saw Daeun was sitting there. "Does he has any girlfriend or..?"

"I think he does. A woman picked him up, maybe a girlfriend of his" I shrugged and cleaned the cups.

"So how did u meet him?"

"Actually.." I wiped my hands after i washed the cups and sighed. "Actually i went to meet dad"

She was shocked but expected of it. "You dont look that.. surprised"

"I know you well unnie" She chuckled a bit. "So how was it?"

"Negative" i shook my head.

We heard footsteps walking downstairs and saw mom was there. "I heard a car's engine and woke up right away" Mom said, rubbing her eyes.

"O-oh im sorry mom, it was someone that i just met. He sent me home by walking and someone picked him up by car"

"Really? Who is it?"

"Namjoon. I wanted to tell you but you were asleep, i assume u took your sleeping pills"

"Yes i did" She nodded. "He didn't do anything right?" mom asked worriedly. "No mom, he is a kind guy" i chuckled.

"Sometimes, we see them kind in the eye but actually, their background is a background of an evil. But since he didn't do anything to you, maybe he is" Mom smiled. "All i want is both of u to be safe"