Twenty-two

"What's about my dad?" I asked, looking at him weirdly. He was quiet, looking away, avoiding my both eyes.

Not too long after, he opened his mouth, wanted to speak out and his eyes met mine.

"It's a long story but--"

Suddenly he stopped talking and saw the paper in my hands. He moved forward and snatched the paper from my hand, makes me shocked.

"What are u doing?" My tone was high.

"Where did u find this?" He asked with his eyes stared down to the paper, examining the blood and writings.

I was in silence "Im asking you!" He raised his tone.

I startled and looked at him with large eyes, "R-right here, next to the vase" i spoke up.

"Oh my god" he ruffled his hair, like my answer messed up his mind. "W-what's wrong" i stuttered.

"Where is your mom and Daeun?" He asked. "Inside, both are getting ready for school and work"

"Tell them not to go anywhere, lock the door and stay inside" he pushed my shoulder to go inside as he quickly walked away from my house compound.

"What?-" I stopped right there and yelled "what do u mean??" He didn't answer.

I was confused, i didn't know what to do which made me to go inside, told Daeun to do just what Jinyoung said and I ran outside tochase after him.

"Who told u to follow me" he stopped walking and turned around to me. His eebrows were narrowed, it's.. rare to see him this way. Almost never.

"What's the matter?"

"Do u know who wrote this?" He asked, showing the paper in his hand.

"N-no idea" I shook my head. "This person cares about you, clearly he is" Jinyoung gave me a clue but i didn't get it.

"It's freaking Namjoon" he groaned. "How did u know??"

"You are so slow. Do u want to come with me or not" He asked. "Where??"

"Yes or no. You are half way already" He scoffed. The curiousity filled in me, i can't pretend nothing is wrong, i can't act like i dont care about Namjoon.

"Okay" i nodded.

•••

We were inside his car, his driver drove us off somewhere which i didn't have any clue at all.

Jinyoung was quietly sat next to me, looking out of the window. As i breathed out with closed eyes, i opened them and spoke up

"Can someone at least explain where or what are we going and gonna do??"
"Do u know a thing like silent thoughts or something" He smiled in annoyance. "You are not Jinyoung, who are u actually?"

My question made him even mad and annoyed. "I. am. Jinyoung" he spoke word by word

"Then how come you are so cold? i mean they way you speak, the way you act"

He sighed. "Sometimes people will be like a different person when they are serious, happy and sad"

My mouthed shaped like an 'O' as i understood what he meant. I just nodded, knowing what he wanted to say.

"Is it far?" i asked. "Another 5 minutes i guess" he spoke up while looking at the front. My phone suddenly rang, showing Daeun's contact.

Quickly, i answered her as i placed the phone onto my ear.

"Where did u go?" 

"I dont even know. Please stay at home, take care of mom"

"Seriously sis? i need an explanation'

"I need it too.." i said, slowly turning my head to Jinyoung.

As assumed, we arrived at a place, but it was.. empty.

We got out from the car, and i can't see anyone, or hear anything. The surrounding was too quiet, too empty.

"J-jinyoung. Where are we?" i asked. "I need to show u something, come" He pulled me by hand and we took the stairs from out of the building, went upstairs until we reached the roof and hid while sneaking to watch inside there by from the roof.

We crouched, trying to get a clear view by peeking through a clear square glass on the rooftop. There were around five guys inside the building, they were unarmed.

"Who are they--" My eyes sharp looked at a familiar guy, sitting on the cold ground with both hands and legs were tied up. Bleeding mouth, injured and bruises on face.

"Namjoon? how can he.. Jinyoung!" i looked at him. "You told me u have something to say about my dad, what is it? and why namjoon is there, wounded??"

"Your dad asked me to follow you, attract you, and want to make you as mine by accompany you, win your heart when Namjoon is distracted. By that, he can stop Namjoon from transferring the money, plus take one of you"

I covered my mouth and wanted to move but almost fall fron the roof, gratefully Jinyoung held me.

"But i refused"

"Dont dare to lie.."

"I swear. Besides, i dont even need the money. I already have plenty" he facepalmed.