Chapter 12- Stop!

Adam's POV

I whimper slightly as the door opens, spilling a crack of light over my slumped body. I hadn't moved since last night,as I was unconscious most of it, so I was still leaning against the wall. Jason steps in and closes the door behind him, face passive.

"You got your answer, Jason." I mutter. "Go away."

He strides towards me and stops a few inches from my feet.

"Don't tell me you're already tired of my research."

"Pfft, sure. What do you really, actually want? I answered your question yesterday. Your so-called research is a sarcastic comment. Now what do you want?"

He bends down so that we're eye to eye. "I want to know why you keep up the act."

I swallow quickly and look to the ceiling. I can't answer this question. There is no answer. I'm not an act.

"It's not an act. I remember very little of my past."

Without even a flicker of expression on his face, he punches the left side of my head. My neck cracks and I grimace.

"No good answer. I am not keeping up an act."

His palm connects with my right temple and I wince.

"Come on, I can't tell you anything if there is nothing to tell."

The slap comes to the left side of my head, and blood drips down my cheek.

"I don't know!"

Right side, and I lean over and spit blood.

"Stop!"

He leans back on his heels. "Why should I stop when you don't?" Seizing the front of my shirt, he throws me roughly against the wall.

"I can't stop if I'm not doing anything!" My voice comes in a panicked whine now.

His face contorts with fury.

I'm in for it.

The blows are quick and painful without causing major damage. He aims for my old wounds and sore spots. I cry out and try to defend myself, but its no use.  My head pounds horribly and I'm shaking. Twitching, I remove my hands from my face as the world takes a dizzying spin.

His fist immediately connects with my nose. There's a horrible cracking sound and I slide down the wall. He simply gives me a pathetic look and walks toward the door.

It's not until the door closes that I start screaming profanities and the world fades out.