14

Rosie was in Defence Against the DarkArts with Professor Alastor Moody. Rosie didn't like him very much. There was something that was not right about him. He didn't seem like the kind of man Dumbledore would handle. Never the less, Rosie was in his class. Daydreaming.

He slapped his hands hard on her desk, "Rosie Lupin, you should pay greater attention to this. You might be interested in this topic. As you could find help for your Father's nightly issue."

Rosie stiffened, her fists clenching under her desk (why: she had no idea, he could see them anyway), "No offended Professor, but I don't think you have the right to say anything about my father. Who is a good man."

He walked away from her and stood in front of the class and declared, "Actually, I do have the right to intervene, as I am a professor of this school. And for your father being a good man. Why that is false as he is no man."

"No, you can't say that," she responded. Speaking clearly, despite the fact she was throwing exploding hexes at him with her eyes.

He looked over at her, "Now, Miss Lupin you have no right to talk to me like that. That was very disrespectful. Detention with Filch."

Rosie slouched back in her chair, and her eyes darted a few seats down to where Harry was sitting. He was looking at her with eyes full of sorrow and grief. He couldn't do anything but look.

--

Rosie walked out of the classroom with Heather and Pavarti, two girls that were in her dorm. Usually, she wouldn't walk with the pair, but Hermione had run off and Harry was nowhere to be seen. Neither was Ron.

"I can't believe that Mad-eye said all of those things," Rosie said to the two girls, " My father is a good man. He isn't an abomination or anything. What right does he have saying any of those things?"

"But they're true," Pavarti said, "Your father isn't a man, he's a werewolf."

Rosie looked over at the girl, who avoided eye contact with her. Pavarti continued to explain, "Not that he doesn't have good morals, or anything, but your father isn't human. It's fair that people will judge him according to that. He is a werewolf."

"Does everyone feel this way?" Rosie asked, her hands beginning to shake. She put them under her robe to hide from the girls how she was feeling, "Heather."

"He did lie to us last year," Heather said in a hushed voice, like she was afraid to say what she was going to say, "He lied to us all year, we didn't know who he really was."

Rosie put her arms out in front of both of the girls to make them stop in the corridor and stood in front of them and made it so she could face them, "My father is no abomination, and for you to think that, let alone say that, that is low. Very low. My father is one of the kindest and loving people that you will ever meet. Did you think that my father wanted to be bitten? No. It was not his choice, and I won't let the two of you disrespect him like that. Secondly, I thought the two of you were my friends. Friends don't speak ill of another friends father. They don't even think about it, especially when they know the man. I am tired of everyone thinking they know my father and thinking they know him when they don't. You two were supposed to my f-friends."

Rosie took this opportunity to get out of the corridor. She ran through them and down the stairs. And she didn't stop running until she found an empty corridor. She turned the corner and slid to the floor. And then, she began to cry. She could not help it. She knew people felt this way, that many people were against her father. but it was so much different knowing that they felt this way, and someone saying something like that to your face. These people were supposed to be her friends, after all.