19

It was the third of June. It was a mere amount of weeks difference until the third task took place. It would be the final task, and as it was rumored, the hardest of them all. Hermione suggested the idea, well rather she made Harry do it and Rosie went on board with the idea, simply to make sure that he didn't have too much "Hermione Time."

Rosie called it training because it sounded brave and daring to her. Hermione called it to practice as it was like extra schoolwork to prepare for an examination. And Harry called it hard work because essentially, that was what it was. But, it was necessary. Harry even admitted that.

Sweat droplets dripped down the side of his eyebrow, as he swiped them aside to focus on his objective with sheer concentration. Harry was practicing the Accio charm, the one that he had a lot of trouble with, at the beginning of the year. He used the charm for the task with the dragons. Of course, as it was a long time afterward, he had fully mastered it at this stage. He spoke the incantation, in a loud, clear voice. Not quite loud enough for it to be a yell, but yet again, not loud enough for it not to be a talking voice. A book whizzed through the air and landed in front of his feet.

Harry, Hermione, and Rosie had started out in a semi-busy courtyard. Of course, they thought it would be the perfect place to practice. It was well past cleared out now. No student wanted to sit, study and interact with their friends when an obnoxious boy and two girls who followed him, were making a lot of noise to practice. The majority of them cleared out within fifteen minutes of the three practicing.

Ron was nowhere to be seen. He had steered clear of the three of them. He definitely did not want to be around their, "strange, cult-like practice." He had his reasons to stay clear, and they didn't object as he would just be a groaner or he would provide distractions. Both those reasons were unwanted in the situation, so Ron staying away was good for everyone involved.

Harry walked over to Hermione and plopped the book on her pile of books, "There, I have grabbed your tenth book. Can we now move on? I mastered this ages ago."

Then, Hermione stood up. Harry with a grimace, watched as she formed a firm look on her face and spoke the words, "Harry Potter, do you or do you not want to win the Triwizard Cup?"

Harry was very skeptical of what to say next so he grimaced and said, "I-I suppose it would be nice to win, but th-"

"Harry! You need to get all of the practice that you can do, so go on- continue!" Hermione yelled. Harry scoffed and turned to Rosie, who yet again, was there to receive his plea for help and do something about it.

She went up to Hermione and put a hand on her arm, in a sweet and caring demeanor, "Hermione. Harry's tired. I'm tired. We should let him take a break otherwise he won't be at his best. Besides, I remember you telling me about a little date you had with Viktor."

A silly smile appeared across Hermione's face, "Yea. I was. I'm going to miss him, the tournament is almost over. He'll be heading back to Durmstrung soon, I won't see him for a long time."

Rosie gave her a physical push in the right direction, "Then go! Be with your Viktor! C'mon go!"

Hermione did not need to be told twice. She nodded quickly and scurried out of the courtyard at a surprising speed for a girl carrying 10 books and wearing a skirt at the same time. As she exited the Courtyard, Rosie looked over to her side to see Harry letting out a little smile-laugh combo.

"What are you all smiley about?" She asked him.

"I could have been doing this for hours," he responded with a bit of laughter, "you have saved me."

She shook her head, "you goof."

--

Shortly after Hermione left, Harry and Rosie made their way to the Gryffindor common room. When they got there, they sat by the fire and began to chat with some of their friends. Among these friends was Seamus Finnegan. This was the first time in months that Seamus had been near Rosie without it being accidental. This was the first time since he had told her about his secret feelings towards her, and since she had told him that she did not feel the same way.