Chapter Twenty-Seven

RECAP

Nazmeera looked up at Hamza's face only for their gazes to meet and that's when she knew for sure.That's when she accepted the fact that would change everything.

She was falling for Hamza and she could only hope he felt the same.
______________________________________

Nazmeera leaned against the back of the beach chair and closed her eyes.Their trip to Penang had been bad,well for her it had surely been bad.Whoever in their right mind said traveling by ferry from one island to another was great should go check their brain out.

The sight of being surrounded by only sea had made Nazmeera want to vomit in the tight space.She thanked Allah even now for the time when Hamza took her out if the sitting area to the deck.It had been refreshing even though the air had left a slaty taste in her mouth.Hamza had helped calm her nerves and she was extremely thankful.

Nazmeera opened her eyes once a shadow shaded the sunlight from shinning in her face and was met by the sight of a smiling Hamza.This made Nazmeera question how she never noticed a light dimple on his right cheek.

"Rub sunscreen on my back." Nazmeera squinted at his request and looked Hamza from toe to head.

"But you can do it yourself.It won't be that hard." Hamza rolled his eyes before smirking at her.

"Well I don't want to!So you going to do it for me." Nazmeera shook her head when he planted his cute butt (not that she checked his butt out) in front of her.

"You are very stubborn." Nazmeera complained as she squeezed some of the sunscreen onto her palm.

"Not like you don't love it." Hamza threw back at her and then groaned once she begun rubbing sunscreen over his neck.

"Agghhh...That feels so good." Nazmeera blushed when she saw the glance that they got from a couple nearby and she gently thumped Hamza's shoulder,leaning forward so that her mouth was against his ear.

"Quite down.People are looking at us weirdly." Hamza felt a slight shudder run down his spine when he felt Nazmeera's hot breath against his ear and down his neck.He swallowed heavily nodding before rushing to get up and into the pool.

Nazmeera felt disappointment when Hamza abruptly rushed away from her and immediately all the thoughts that had been suppressed came to the fore,hitting her full force.

Hahahaha the sinister voice laughed in her head,did you really think Hamza would give his time and affection to you without thinking of Aamanah.

Nazmeera's hand curled into a fist around the towel and she closed her eyes,taking deep breaths,trying to shut those thoughts far away.

Worthless thing,if your father couldn't care about you how will Hamza care about you.You?A scarred little girl with no one to lean on,no one to ask for help.You are pathetic and deserve nothing,the voice tsked at her,stealing your cousins husband has your worth really fallen so much.Worthless.

Worthless.

Worthless.

Worthless.

Nazmeera's eyes snapped open and she shot up,only for Hamza to see her walk away as he came up for a breath after a dive.

Hamza watched Nazmeera storm off and felt incredibly guilty for just walking away from Nazmeera like that.

He soon followed after her and found her sitting in the sitting area head resting in the palms of her hands and her shoulders trembling.

Hamza was afraid that he had hurt Nazmeera's feelings for getting up so abruptly and immediately rushed towards her to comfort her.