Chapter Forty-Eight

Nazmeera walked into her apartment and put her briefcase along with files on the table.Damn Hamza being a CEO meant he had loads of work and Nazmeera was thankful that majority of the people at work understood when she told them that she didn't want word of her helping Hamza out.

She would have to make an excuse as to why she would not be able to stay and help Aamanah in the night.Nazmeera quickly changed and made her way through the partition area where she found Hamza on the couch.

"As salaam mu alaykum habib." Hamza looked up at her and smiled as he got up to hug her.

"Wa alaykum mu salaam love.How was work?" Nazmeera smiled at him,"Good can't complain.Where's Manah?"

"Sleeping." Nazmeera cursed mentally but then this gave her an idea.

"I need to talk to you about something." Hamza nodded his head as they sat down and Nazmeera took a deep breath.

"I don't want to talk to Aamanah about this because I don't want her to think that I think of the children as a burden but I think that Aamanah and you need some alone time with the children so I'll be going back to my apartment for a while.If you'll do need me I'll be a shout away." Hamza sighed and reached out to touch her hand.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about the same thing but I didn't want to hurt your feelings.Actually I feel like Aamanah needs more alone time with the children and with you being the foster mother I feel like she isn't getting the time with them that she should." Nazmeera felt a pang in her heart at Hamza's words which she tried to shake off and she pasted a smile on her face.

"Well I'm a woman and Allah has blessed me with something called instinct.Now you can be happy and so can she." Hamza frowned at the slight bitterness he sensed in her tone but before he could ask Nazmeera stood up with a smile.

"As salaam mu alaykum Manah." Aamanah lost the glare she had from hearing what Hamza told Nazmeera and smiled almost guiltily at Nazmeera as she had heard her lose some of the happiness in her voice.

"Wa alaykum mu salaam Nazmee." Nazmeera hugged Aamanah who leaned and closed her eyes.She knew Nazmeera would not say anything nor would she allow them to apologize,she'd brush it off but Aamanah felt guilty.Nazmeera should have heard it from her mouth rather then Hamza's but now there was no use crying over spilled milk.

"How was work?" Nazmeera pulled Aamanah to sit down,pressing down the bitterness she felt and kept on smiling.

"Shukar it was good.How have the babies been?" Aamanah blew out a breath,her eyes going big.

"They've been a force to reckon even with Hamza here.You've really been there to take off the burden and I'm so grateful." And sorry,she was sorry and Aamanah hoped that Nazmeera understood her unsaid words that shone through her eyes,Nazmeera's slight nod sent a wave of relief through her but she knew she'd have to apologize for a lot.

"Well it's my duty to help you with your babies." Hamza and Aamanah exchanged glances when Nazmeera put force on the word your.Hamza cursed himself when he realized what his words might have sounded like and Aamanah bit her lip before Nazmeera stood up.

"I need to go do some work and I won't be able to come back here afterwards cause I might need to attend a business dinner with Ihsaan.So if you'll need anything call." She placed a kiss on Aamanah's forehead and without a glance at Hamza she walked out,her eyes filling with tears which she blinked away and locked deep down.

"Ya Allah I messed up Aamanah." Aamanah glared at him.

"I told you I didn't want her to know.I would have handled it why I'd you tell her Hamza?Why?Are you effen stupid!"

Hamza threw his hands in the air,"I thought that it would help what did I know that this would happen.I thought I put it in a mild manner."

"Hamza you made it seem as if she's stealing our children from me!Ya Allah,I don't even know how will I begin to apologize to her.She's taken this to heart and badly." Aamanah buried her face in her hands and Hamza came to sit down next to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"I'll fix this Aamanah.I promise I will." Aamanah leaned across his chest and looked into his eyes.

"I can't lose her Hamza.No matter how I feel she's still my sister and I can't lose the one person who never left my side.I know I may seem like I take her for granted but she means the world to me.I....I just don't want her hurt anymore.Please just go apologize to her." But just then the wailing of a child struck and they both knew that since one was awake the other was soon to follow.

Nazmeera could not feel her legs,her hands and her back hurt.She felt he strain being down had on her lower back as she leaned over the paper work but she did not stop.She could not stop.This was her way to take out the anger,to unleash the burning pain that gutted her left and right every time she took a five second break.Nazmeera was in a far away land,one where it was only her and her work.No emotions.No feelings.

Nazmeera had been so engrossed in her work that she had not heard the approaching footsteps not the heavy breathing until the person spoke.

"Nazmeera." The voice registered through Nazmeera's bubble but the thin piece of peace that she held onto made her focus on the work in front of her rather then the reason of the raging fire.

"Hmmmmm?" Hamza sat down,well  crouched down next to Nazmeera where she sat on the floor papers strewn in front of her and files all over.

"I...I am sorry.I never meant what I said in that way I just..." Hamza's mouth fell open when Nazmeera picked up a finger,signalling him to quiet down as her phone rang.

"As salaam mu alaykum Ihsaan." Hamza felt annoyance course though him but he shook it off well tried to because right then was not the time for being jealous when he had hurt Nazmeera all over again.

"I'm on my way.....Oh shut it....Go to hell idiot.....I'm coming....See you...." Nazmeera cut the call and cast a glance at Hamza as she stood up.

"I'm so sorry Hamza but I got to go.Ihsaan is waiting for me." She grabbed her wallet and phone leaving a stunned Hamza whom she usually kissed and bid farewell.At the last moment just as she opened the door and turned to face Hamza,"By the way there's nothing to forgive for true words said."

This words were daggers to Hamza's heart and he watched the door slam shut.He cursed looking up to the heavens asking for help.

Nazmeera made her way to Zeenat's apartment since Ihsaan had told her she was home from work.Nazmeera knocked don't he door once and bit the inside of her cheek.

The minute that Zeenat opened the door it was as if she sensed something was off only to be proved right when Nazmeera fell into her arms,weeping.Zeenat gently pulled Nazmeera into the apartment shutting the door close and sank onto the floor.

As her elder sister broke down Zeenat did not know what to do,let alone what to say.This was the first time she'd ever seen Nazmeera like this.

"Nazmee,shhhhhh.Please don't cry habibty.Ya Allah you are scaring me.What happened Nazmeera?" Some how in broken short sentences Nazmeera narrated everything and that's when Zeenat's heart broke for her sister.She knew it would have only been a time before something would have been said again to Nazmeera but never in a million years did she imagine that it would be Hamza who told her such.
______________________________________
As Salaam Mu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatu

Once again this is the plot line no Hamza/Nazmeera or Hamza/Aamanah or Aamanah/Nazmeera for the time being.

And then there's also the fact that we nearing the end 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 which means feel free to insult or freak out because this author is up to no good once again

As for who's mistake I actually agree with Aamanah I mean this was long overdue anyone else feeling this way

Yes I'm hating on my characters but its the truth

So anyone guessing what happens next or can you guys say surprise me

I'm feeling much better alhumdulliah fever is hone but flu is still here so the fasts are a tad bit hard 😷

Please make dua for me and the entire Muslim ummah

Take care

Fi Amanillah