Chapter Thirty-Five

Nazmeera held Zeenat’s hand as she told the lawyer everything that had happened to her when she lived with Talha the affairs and all included.Nazmeera felt her blood boil and she tired calming herself down by telling herself that the law would get Zeenat justice against that vile man.

“I will file the divorce appeal papers today.I have also got the warrant that states that he cannot come with a five mile radius of you and if he does then he can be jailed.” Mr.Ayoob said and the women nodded.

“Thank you.Please do update me on the progress.”

Mr.Ayoob smiled at her,“I surely will.”

He left and Nazmeera sat back down looking at Zeenat’s tense face,“Zeenat it’s all going to work out fine in the end,I refuse to let you be stuck with that idiot.”

Zeenat looked down,tears in her eyes before speaking in a low tone,“Abi will be very angry,Talha might have already informed him.What will……”

“Sir you cannot enter without an appointment.” There was a disturbance from outside and Nazmeera stood up to see what was going on when the office door slammed open and an angry Abi Sufyaan strolled in and he stalked towards Nazmeera.

“How dare you instigate my daughter against her husband you snake?Her marriage is none of your business.”

Usually Nazmeera would have been scared of the man in front of her,she would think of him as her father but at that moment she was only Zeenat’s sister and nothing else.In a tone that was polite yet strict she spoke,careful not to raise her voice.

“That man has hurt my sister,he has cheated on her and he has broken her heart.Perhaps you may stay silent and watch my sister be oppressed but I refuse to turn a blind eye.Remember that along with her being my sister she is also your daughter who’s struggle you have ignored.I have therefore I have taken this step for the benefit of Zeenat’s life.If you cannot stand with her then do not be against her.”

Abi Sufyaan’s face went red with anger as he spared Zeenat a glance,“She is his wife.Whether he hits her or kills her is neither my business nor your business.”

Nazmeera felt her blood oil and she clenched her fingers into fists,“When Zainab(R.A) was married to Zaib Ibn Haarith(R.A) and they were unhappy the Prophet of Allah(S.A.W.) never forced them to stay together.They tried to save their marriage but they were two unhappy people in a marriage that is why they separated.No law in the Shari’at gives a man permission to beat his wife,our Prophet(S.A.W) never did it,non of the Khalifah(R.A) did it and non of the Sahaabah(R.A). No men in Islam is allowed to cheat on his wife,she is his wife not his slave.Your daughter opened your door to Jannah and you cannot relieve her of the tyrant she is going through.What type of father are you Abi Sufyaan!” At the last part Nazmeer’s voice raised by an octave but she did not care.

Abi Sufyaan saw red and he raised his hand ready to smother Nazmeera’s face causing Nazmeera to close her eyes but the blow never came.

“Ibn Abeed!” Nazmeera opened her eyes when she heard him exclaim that and she gasped seeing Hamza holding Abi Sufyaan’s hand,a furious look on his face and he let go off Abi Sufyaan’s arm to stand next to Nazmeera.

“Who are you telling that to Nazmeera?A father who abandoned his daughter?A man who hit his wife?A man who got his daughter married to a man who had caused two of his wives to leave him?"

"Do not interfer..."

Hamzs cut him off,"I will,the woman you almost hit is my wife.As for Zeenat she will divorce Talha and after that she will live at Abi Jameel’s tribe.”

"Abdullah has no right over...."

Hamza's eyes narrowed,"But her grandfather does.I have already spoken to him,he will take her responsibility."