9

Once I got back to the table, I saw everyone was already drinking, and so I sat on the outside, next to Mitchel. He smiled at me, and pushed what looked to be a ginger ale my way.
"Just liked you asked, pumpkin." He mocked.
I flipped him off and took a sip.
"Thanks for the soda, hoe."
"Of course. Anytime." He jested.
I kept drinking my soda, knowing I was probably going to be the only sober one by the time the night ended, but I was fine with it. I never really liked alcohol, and I've been mocked for it, but it doesn't bother me.
I saw Christian and Alexa get up and head to the dance floor, and then followed Clinton, grabbing my arm and pulling me up.
I laughed, but let him lead me to the floor. He started to dance, and I couldn't help but laugh.
I got closer to his ear, "Clinton, you sure suck at dancing."
"Do I? Show me how it's done. And then I might pick up."
I nodded, and started to dance for him. As I showed him how I danced, I could feel his eyes watch my every step. After a few minutes of me dancing I felt him grab me by the waist and pull me in. I looked up, and had his face mere inches from mine. He lowered his face to my ear, "Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't be so good at dancing," he confessed, his thumbs softly rubbing circles on my back.
The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy, and I couldn't think straight. His face was mere inches from mine again, and I looked away, embarrassed that he could have this effect on me.
"Look at me Cel." He enjoined.
I ignored him, trying to breathe as normally as possible.
"Celestine Allen, look at me." He tried again.
I looked at him for actually calling me by my name.
"What?" I uttered nervously, looking into his eyes.
He gave me a smile, scanning me.
"Clinton, please don't be playing any games with me."
"I would never play games with you. Never. Can I do something?" He entreated.
I nodded my head, my words failing to come out.
He lowered his face to mine, his eyes closed, and I froze a little. His lips softly grazed mine, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. He did it again, but with a little more strength behind this one. I closed my eyes, and he did it one more time, before I opened my eyes again and saw he was looking at me.
"Celestine," he murmured.
I couldn't hold his gaze, so I put my head on his chest.
"Did you hate it that much?" He asked, his voice sounding a little hurt.
I immediately looked at him, and shook my head.
"It's not that." I reasoned.
"What is it then?"
"Try it again." I said before thinking.
He gave me a confused look.
"I said try it again."
He nodded, and closed his eyes, as did I. He softly kissed my lips again, so I moved an arm to the back of his neck, and waited for him to kiss me one more time. He did so, and this time, I kissed him back. I put in a little more strength, but he didn't seem to mind. I kissed him again, and he smiled. I opened my eyes, and saw him looking at me. He was smiling.
"Can I get another one?"
I giggled, and softly pressed my lips to his.
"Like that?"
He nodded with a small smile on his face.
"We should probably dance. That's why we're here." I prompted.
He nodded, and started to move to the music again, this time following my lead.

After a bit of dancing, Clinton and I decided to go to the table again, and as I got ahead of him, he grabbed my hand gently and intertwined our fingers. I looked at him, feeling my face burn, but he just smirked.
I could feel eyes on us, and saw Christian smiling at me from the table. He gave me a wink, and I looked away. Sitting down at the table, Clinton followed behind.
"So, how was dancing?" Christian asked.
"It was good. Short stack over he kept stepping on me though."
I gasped and hit his arm, "I did not. If anyone was doing that, it was you shit face."
He chuckled.
"How about another round of drinks?" Mitchel suggested, seeming annoyed. I nodded, and asked for another soda, and he agreed. He went to get the drinks, which prompted questions to be asked.
"So what really happened?" Alexa asked.
My face flushed, and I turned to Clinton. He rubbed my hand softly with his thumb.
"Nothing really. Except, I now know she has feelings for me." Clinton stated.
I could feel my face turn red, so I laid my head down on my other arm. Everyone at the table laughed, and I felt Clinton kiss my hand. My face was burning, and my heart was pounding wildly again.
"Apparently you like her too." Christian cited.
Mitchel came back, and set the drinks down. I looked up an took my cup of ginger ale, and took a sip. The cold liquid seeming to cool me down a bit.