2. Jesse

Jesse's POV.
My name is Jesse. Jess or Jay for short. I have six friends: Dalton, Jaydian, Craig, Brian, Luke, and Anthony.

I was going to miss the bus. Crap!

"Dalton, let's go!" I shouted from downstairs.

"Coming," he called back. He raced down the steps and quickly grabbed his bag. I slung mine over my shoulder and walked out the door.

"Race you," Dalton chuckled, racing off. I chased after him, stopping at the bus stop. The bus pulled in at the perfect time.

---

It took the bus driver about 57 minutes to reach the school. Stupid slow buses anyway. I exited the bus with both Dalton and Anthony tailing behind me. (They both ride my bus.)

I walked into the school and started to talk with Anthony in the breakfast line. We joked about this and that. He's great with jokes.

The line moved forward and so did we. I grabbed my breakfast and a drink, punching in my number and waiting for Anthony to get done.

He walked out of the line, following me to our table in the back. I sat facing the wall, and he sat facing the front of the cafeteria. His eyes lit up in amusement.

"Look behind you," Craig urged. Jaydian sat beside Dalton.

"What now?" I asked.

I spun in my seat, just in time to watch the girl I have a crush on walk through the doors with her friends.

I started to say something to the boys, but (sadly) the bell rang, dismissing us to homeroom. I have the complete opposite classes of Jasmine, my crush.

Suddenly, I could tell that today was going to be better than I thought.