23. Over

Remember this wolf.
It will appear later in the story.
Pay attention to the details on the wolf.

Dramatic drum roll...

Jose's POV.
My brother and I share a mate? Who, what, when, where, why, how? I'm confused. So, I am the mate of the female that is my baby brother's mate/girlfriend.

6 questions, 0 answers:
•Who was the first couple that this happened with?
•What is going on here?
•When was this ever possible?
•Where was this confusing set of mates so we can understand what the flip is going on here?
•Why did this happen? Regret? Punishment? What?
•How did this become a thing?

Dalton's POV.
"Let's go to the park," I suggest aloud.

"Sure," Jesse answers. Jasmine barks in response, Jose smirks, and the girls nod eagerly.

We walk towards the park entrance, waving at other pack members; surprisingly, we seen the Alpha. He nods, smiling happily at each member.

When we reach the park, I catch a glimpse of some of my other buddies, chatting near a bunch of trees. I roll my eyes when they gesture me over.

Their names are Colin, Caden, and Brady. They are from my grade, and they are not human.

Colin is a werewolf, and he has very bad temper. One wrong breath will set him off.

Caden is a Vampire Slayer. Him, Kiley, and Hazey will never get along. The future holds that Hazey and Kiley will become a vampire in 3 weeks.

And, Brady is a skin-walker. He can change anything about his body. (Even his gender-which will never happen.)

I finally give in, wanting to end this. I walk towards them with Jess and the others following.

"Where have you been?" Colin taunts when I arrive in front of them while Caden glares at Hazey and Kiley.

Jasmine stands in front of her friends, crossing her arms; Jesse growls lowly. I burn imaginary holes into Caden's skull. This isn't going end very good.

"Why are you hanging out with vampires?" Caden hisses.

"Why are you even with them when we need you more?" Colin barks.

"Shut up! Do you know how much of an idiot you each look for yelling at Dalton for hanging out with other friends? There are more people in his life than the three of you," Jasmine snarls defensively.

This ticks Colin over edge. Uh, oh.

Dalton - Jesse...

Jesse - I know.

I growl, warning Colin of his consequences. He goes and does whatever he wants anyway.

Jazzy's POV.
Colin stalks toward me. I gulp silently, yet not budging or moving a muscle. I growl lightly.

He grabs my neck, shoving me against the building. The girls cower back in defeat, knowing what might happen if they interfered.

His thumb traces my neck softly, smelling my scent. He snarls before chuckling darkly.

Jose is the first to try to attack, but he is violently shoved to the ground, pinned.

Next is Jesse, who gets his arms pulled behind him tightly, making him growl in pain.

Finally, Dalton actually gets Colin off me, but only for about half a minute. Colin twists around in his grip, giving him the upper hand by making Dalton smash his head against the brick wall. Dalt collapses to the ground unconscious.

I whimper in fear when Colin makes his way back to me. He pulls me closer when he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Submit to me, darling," he orders softly, tracing my cheek bone with his other hand.

"N-never," I stutter, whimpering when he digs his fingers into my waist.

"I told you to submi-"

He is cut off when a wolf tears him off of me, tossing him harshly on the ground. I sigh in relief, and I stare at the wolf.

"Jesse," I breathe out. Realizing my mistake when I see Jose and Jesse taking out the two boys, who were keeping them captive, I cover my mouth.

The wolf looks at me, wide eyed. It steps closer cautiously, sniffing at me carefully.

Another wolf, a giant wolf that's larger than the one who saved me, leaped onto it's back. The smaller wolf dropped and rolled onto the larger wolf before hopping up.

It's definitely a girl. Her beautiful white fur with a blackish, grey colored spot and her teal blue eyes.

She turns to face me before sprinting off. The larger wolf, who I guess is Colin, pushes his body from the ground and shakes out his fur.

He snarls, snapping his jaw, and he steps towards me in an agonizingly slow pace. I walk back into the wall while Colin growls at me.

Jesse's POV.
I've had enough of his freaking games. I shove Brady to Anthony. He cuffs Brady and nods his head towards me.

Colin will pay for even thinking about harming my mate.

I shift and lunge myself at Colin, and we go rolling through the dirt. I land on top of him, and I enclose my jaw around his neck.

Another wolf jumps on me. Great, looks like Benny Boy wants to join the party.

Jesse - Jose...a little help over here.

Jose - I'm on it.

Jose rips Ben's wolf off of me and takes care of him.

"We're no longer allies. Get out of here before we do something we really regret," Dalt shouts as Brady, Ben, Colin, and Caden scamper off. I snarl when Caden goes closer to Jasmine.

He grunts and flees with the rest of his companions. I huff; walking towards my mate, she slumps to the sidewalk and burries her face in her hands. She pulls her knees up.

I whimper, and I run the rest of the distance, slowing down to a stop when I near her. I curl up next to her, licking her cheek, and resting my head on her lap, my ears laying back.

I'm immediately alerted when I hear soft cries from my little one. I whine in protest. Her crying is killing me right now.

She wraps her delicate arms around my neck and pulls me closer into her chest. Just as I get comfortable, I feel a harsh slap on my side. I try to pull away, but Jasmine keeps a firm hold on me.

"That was for being a wreckless idiot," she mumbles into my fur.

Jose lay down on her other side, and Jasmine smacks him as well. Jose growls at her. I growl at him.

"That was for you being wreckless, Mr. Jose," Jaz sighs.

Jose and I both whimper down at her. Let me tell you, never let a girl slap you if there's a reason behind it. It stings like hell.

"My two idiots," Jasmine giggles, pulling us close.