12. Yes!

Jazzy's POV.
I can't believe that just happened. Does Jesse actually like me? Or was that just a scene? I'm so confused with the outside world.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop," Jesse spoke. He paused the walk and turned around, looking me straight in the eye.

My body stopped functioning. I blushed deeply, avoiding his gaze. I gulped down the lump in my throat. What now? Is he a mind reader?

"No, but Shelby taught me how to read your emotions. I can tell how you work now. It's easy to tell. I know when you're lying, upset, tired, angry, happy. You name it," he explained.

Really? How would I have guessed that it was Shelb? My friends have a lot behind things. Especially Shelby. She does anything to make me smile. Don't know why, ask her.

Shelby's POV.
Why do I make sure Jazzy's smiling? Why do you want to know? Did she tell you to ask me? Okay, I'll tell you, but don't tell her I told you.

I do it because, not only is she my best friend, but I just want her to be happy. Truly happy. And I think Jesse can help bring a smile.

(But I secretly just want them to date. Shh...)

Jazzy's POV.
We finally get to the stars area where Jesse's father works. He flipped through the constellations on a projector and explaining what each mean.

My favorite was either 'Leo the Lion' or 'Lupus the Wolf'.

Jesse's favorite was either 'Draco the Dragon' or 'Lupus the Wolf'.

---
Jesse's POV.
It's the end of the date. I took Jasmine outside to watch the stars. I glanced down at her as she focused on the sky littered with stars. She gazed up to me, watching my movements when I stood up.

"Are we leaving?" she asked shakily.

"Not yet. But why is Dalton standing right there watching us?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Come here."

She stood up, and I swooped in, picking her up bridal style.

I leaped up some branches like a f*cking ninja. It was high enough to be about 13-16 feet of the ground.

I set Jasmine down on the branch carefully, not wanting to drop her. Her father would kill my *ss if I did.

I crouched down, and I rubbed my forehead against her's softly. I would never let anyone take my girl away.

She inched forward in the slightest bit, and she hesitantly kissed me full on.

I groaned lowly in the kiss as she moaned softly. What am I doing? I don't deserve Jasmine. She deserves better, like...I don't know...say...Dalton.

Guess that's not what she wants. She pulled away after a little, and I rested my forehead on hers.

"Why-" I grumbled.

"Because I want you."

My eyes opened and were greeted by Jasmine's beautiful blue eyes. I smiled down at her, giving her one more kiss.

"Let's get to know each other," I suggested.

"Okay," she agreed.

"Question one: Will you do anything for me?"

"I thought this was supposed to be a getting to know each other game," she pointed out.

"It is now answer the question."

"Yes, you?"

"Definitely."

Alright. The moment of Truth. I have waited so long for this question to be answered by her. Here goes nothing.

I sigh and ask lowly, "Will you date me?"

She sat there, stunned. All she did was stare at me in complete and utter shock. Help! I need my script...wait, what script? Nevermind that.

Why isn't she saying anything? Can she at least say her answer? Please, make the torturing stop.

"No."

I frowned. Where did I go wrong? What did I do wrong? Why?

Tears well up in my eyes. Does she hate me after all?

"Of course I'll date you, Jay!" she answered.

My eyes darted toward her in shock. Did she just say yes? Oh my God, yes. She moved closer, embracing me tightly.

I pulled back slightly and kissed her. I'm so happy right now, I can't even tell you how happy I am.

Shouts, hoots, hollers, and cheers bursted from below. We turned our gazes downward, only to come face to face with our friends.

Jaz let out a long sigh, before standing up and leaping off the branch. She landed perfectly, in standing position. I hopped down after her, landing in crouching position.

_______
Sorry for not updating Monday. I was super busy.