14. Jesse Plays Football

Jesse's POV.
Practice.

Yay.

Zachary, Jaz's older brother, was helping me practice for my upcoming game. Jeffery, Jaz's younger brother, just joined us to pick up a strategy or two.

We've already won six games and lost none. That's a relief. We are having an unbeatable season. My team and I have two more games, so we're hoping to have an undefeated season.

Zachary, or Zac, was the best football player on his team. So he decided to help me out with the up coming game.

My friends came out from the changing rooms and stepped foot on to the football field.

"It's too hot, but we can deal with it. If it means getting better for our game, then we'll get over the heat," Dalton chimed.

"Let's not get heat stroke though," Jeff piped up.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm. He is a really good kid with his own unique talent.

"In your positions!" Zac called out.

It was only yesterday that Jazzy had her vollyball practice. I picked her up like I said I would. After she rambled about seeing a wolf in the forest, I took her out, again, on my 4-wheeler.

I crouched in my position as a wide receiver. Once Zachary blew the whistle, I sprinted forward. I cought the ball and turned, taking off down the field. The opposite team was on my heels, well Dalton was. I pumped my legs faster and faster until I crossed over the touchdown line, which had 'Coach' Zac blowing the whistle.

How did she see him? Was it even possible that she could be the one?

Jose's POV.
My name is Jose. I'm Jesse's older brother. I saw her, my little brother's girlfriend, and my blood pumped through me when I sprinted home after her practice.

I need to find out for myself if it's true. One touch, just one touch, to prove my unanswered questions.

Is it possible?

Could she be the one?

The one I am desperately looking for?

My loving partner?

My other half.

If so, what or how would I bring myself to tell my baby brother? I could never hurt him like that. So, how would I explain it to him?