18. The Fight - Part One

Jesse's 4-wheeler

-----
Shelby's POV.
The next morning came early. It's Monday, so there is school today. Sadly.

I crawled out of bed forcefully. I walked into my bathroom and showered.

After a 15 minute shower, I hopped out of the tub and got changed for school.

---

I heard shuffling in Jazzy's room when I walked by, heading downstairs. I giggled, knowing how she adores school. Don't tell her I said that, or I will be murdered in my sleep. But, I was having a bit of fun, that's all.

I paced down the stairs, grabbing my bag and waited for the others. Others include: Jazzy, Hazey, Kiley, and Alexis.

Kiley stepped into the room, followed by Alexis and Hazey. As they retrieved their bags and phones, Jasmine stalked in. She looked angry. No, p*ssed is the word I would use to describe her mood.

"What's got you all cranky?" Kiley asked in a joking tone.

Jaz glared at her, boring holes into her skull. She rolled her eyes and took a heavy breath.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," she grumbled back, leaving no room for arguments.

The girls and I looked at each other when Jasmine left the house. Kiley and Alexis shrugged, not knowing what to say, and Hazey gave me a worried look.

"I'm lost. What happened that I missed?" Kiley spoke, breaking the silence on the way to the bus stop.

"I've never seen Jazzy so strict or harsh towards us before," Alexis confessed, bowing her head slightly.

"I've never seen her mad, period," Hazey added. "She's always been a nice and caring kid that she never got mad at anyone."

"Well, now you've all experienced her darker side," I replied.

---

Later that day, in the afternoon, the bell rang. I headed out of class and to my locker. As soon as I had my book bag on my shoulders, Hazey was in front of me.

"Shelby, hurry! There are a group of boys outside cornering Alexis and Jasmine!" she yelled frantically. Jesse was beside me in a second, and we ran to the entrance.

By the time we got there, it might be too late. Let's hope nothing happens.

-----
Jazzy's POV.
Don't say it. I know I was a little bit too rough on them this morning. But that's not what I'm worrying about right now; I'm worrying about not getting hurt or killed.

There were five guys cornering me and Alexis. Three were on me and two on Alexis.

"So what kind of fun toys should we use on these girls?" guy number one asked, looking around.

"Oh, how about some-" the second guy got to say before he was torn away from me.

I was still muffled with the cloth that they tied around my mouth to keep me from yelling, and another guy grabbed my throat harshly. His back hit the wall while bringing something cold against my throat.

Oh no...