13. Jazzy Plays Vollyball

Jazzy's POV.
I'm on the beach, practicing vollyball with Hazey for our upcoming tournament.

We are really good players. Our coach, Dellina, is very proud of our success. We've had 5 tournaments so far, and only lost our second game by three points.

Right now, we are having a practice match against a ninth and eighth grader. Hazey and I are winning by fourteen points.

"Come on girls! Go, go!" our friends cheered at halftime. I glanced up at them, who sat on the bleachers, watching. Haze gave them a thumbs up.

I cought dark brown eyes and black hair at the corner of my eye. I gave him my full attention by turning towards him. Jesse. Of course.

"Watching me, I see," I called as I walked over to him. He chuckled darkly at me. Jay embraced me in a tight squeeze.

"I wanted to see you," he said, looking down at me. I laughed. Of course he did.

"You always have an excuse up your sleeve, don't you?"

"And what makes you say that?" Jesse asked innocently. I sighed playfully, rolling my eyes.

"You just can't stay away from me. I barely get any alone time without you."

"5 minutes!" Coach Dellina called.

"Is there a problem with me wanting to spend time with my girl?" he taunted.

"If you keep bugging me, you'll be a girl short." He raised his brow and smirked evilly.

His arms were still wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me flush against him. He leaned down, teasing my neck; he pretended to kiss it, but as soon as his lips brushed across, he pulled away and repeated it.

"I know that's not what you want," he whispered.

"Stop teasing me," I mumbled boldly.

"Break over. Let's go!" Dellina yelled.

"Bye, Jesse," I teased, slipping out of his hold and made my way to the court.

"I'll come get you after your practice is over," Jesse stated after pulling me back to him, my back hitting his chest.

"Okay, fine," I sighed, rolling my eyes and sprinting over to my side of the net.

I was chosen to start off the half by doing the first serve.

"Start...now!"

I hit the ball, starting the second half of the game. I glanced just in time to see what I thought looked like a wolf in the trees, watching me intensely. What the...? The ball came, and Hazey hit it back over. The ball git the ground as Haze turned to look at me.

"Are you okay? You zoned out on us and almost got hit," she pointed out. I gazed up to catch Shelby's eyes staring at me.

"I'm fine. Sorry about that," I answered shakily; she nodded slowly.

Must have just been my imagination. Yeah. That's it. Just daydreaming. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, so I could have just seen things.

It might even had just been a dog that lived near the area. I hope so.