25. The Hunt

Sontin (Jason's wolf)

Alice's POV.
As soon as Jason and I get downstairs, my friends attack me. They start to throw questions my way.

First off, there's Sandy. She is a werewolf like myself. Then there's Diana. She is human, but she knows our secret.

I smile and laugh at all of the questions that they ask me. I answer them and walk into the living room with the Council.

"Will you help us on a little hunt?" Alpha James asks.

"Of course," I reply.

"What if those meanies come back?" Tanya whines.

"They won't take you without a fight," I answer. She yips happily, leaping out of my arms, and she scratches at the door. I giggle, walking out of the door with the others following behind me.

I shift beside Jason who growls in approval. I roll my eyes and sprint with Sandy into the forest. The Alphas snarl, chasing us with the warriors behind them.

I dodge trees and jump over fallen logs and stones. My wolf is naturally faster than most, but I don't mind.

Alice - What are we hunting for?

Jason - Elk, baby doll.

Tanya - Nasty!

Sontin - Hush, little one...

Tanya - Or what?

Sontin - I will punish you.

Tanya - Bring it, bucko.

Sontin - *deep growl*

Alpha James - Children these days.

Randy - They're already fighting like a married couple, and they aren't even marked and mated...yet.

Jason - Shut it, Randy.

Warrior 3/5 (not including Randy) - Point proven.

Alpha James - Boys...

All warriors - Yes, Alpha.

We reach a clearing with over a dozen elk. My wolf crouches low, waiting for the perfect time to strike. Jason's wolf towers over my smaller wolf, but not by a dramatically distance. Maybe 13-20 inches.

He also crouches over me. I glance up at him and growl playfully. He returns a deep growl back, then licks my cheek.

I focus my attention back on the elk, slowly crawling forward, inch by inch. Sandy lay down quietly, waiting for my signal. Diana stayed back, for she is human.

I snarl softly. I go out through the trees and into the open clearing. I see three the Council's Warriors on the opposite side, the Alpha and Randy on my right, and the other two warriors with Sandy on my left.

I glare at Jason, who trys to follow me out. He whimpers, laying down, his wolf licking his lips. I pause behind a rock, checking for any easy prey. One male elk, five female elks, and nine babies. Our lucky day.

My wolf barks as a sign to move in. Everyone rushes in, scaring the little elk and getting the adults wound up. Three warriors, Randy, and Alpha James take on a female while the other two warriors, Sandy, Jason, and I took on another female.

I didn't see the male elk come at me until it was too late. He gathers my wolf in his antlers, and he throws me behind him, my side crashing against a tree.

The elk comes at me, but he never harms me again. A black wolf and brown wolf lunges at the creature's neck, biting in deeply. Jesse and Jose's wolves pounce together.

Jose bites the male elk's shoulder blade and Jess bites his side. The three remaining elk females scooch the babies into the forest, disappearing from sight.

The next thing I see is Jason on his knees in front of me, in human form, telling me to stay awake.

Darkness consumes me.