15. The Questions Are Answered

Jesse's POV.
I decided to sneak out that night. I leaped from tree to tree. I should have let him out. He wanted to run around for a bit before I went up the neighborhood to Jasmine's house.

He was anxious when I left, but he understood that I didn't have time. I told him that I would take him out after I got home.

Jazzy Mother's POV.
"I hope she isn't letting him try to control her with that thing," I spat out, glaring at the TV.

"I'm sure Jasmine wouldn't let that boy use her, even if they are-" my husband tried to soothe me before I snapped back.

"You can't be certain! He will use that power to get closer to her," I snapped.
"Let's just hope and pray that the girls stay out of trouble around them and not figure out that we are not the only cre-" Shelby's mother reassured at the beginning before being cut off.

Shelby Mother's POV.
"Hush. We can't talk anymore about this or the girls will hear," my husband reasoned.

"That's true. It's okay. They know better," my friend's husband spoke softly.

Jazzy's POV.
I knew it.

We aren't the only ones.

Not even close.

Tapping came at my window. I spun on my heel, only to breathe a sigh of relief when I saw Jesse. Wait, why was Jesse here?

I opened my window, and he popped in from the tree branch. He pulled me into a bear hug and kissed the top of my head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I wanted to see you before I moved." His voice sounded drained from life. My knees would have surrendered, leaving my body completely at his Mercy. That is, if he wasn't still holding me upright.

---

We talked and chatted for 3 hours. He winked at me, chuckling as he gave me a teasing kiss before he hopped out of the window and on to the tree, heading home. I told him to text me when he got home. And he did.

I sighed in relief, and my body relaxed on my bed. I allowed slumber to take over my exhausted form.

Jose's POV.
I slipped in through her window. Before I left, I made sure Jesse and my younger sister was asleep. I then snuck out of the house and to Jasmine's.

I couldn't believe my eyes as they wondered along her sleeping form. I loved what I saw. Just one touch, and I'll know the truth.

I crept up beside her and crouched down. I let loose a heavy breath and I ran my fingers across her smooth skin. Tingles. Shocks. Sparks. I sucked in a sharp breath as she turned around on the the bed, her face turned toward me. What now?

I made the most painful decision that my heart churned and clenched tightly in my chest. I sighed and arose from the ground.

I walked over to the window and left, making sure to close the window so she wouldn't freeze.

I did my thing and raced back home. I nudged the door with my nose when I realized that I didn't change. I did so and went to my room.

I changed into stretchy shorts, and I pulled my shirt over my head, tossing it on to the floor next to me.

"All this new info is giving me a migraine yet turning me on. We still have to take her as ours from that baby brother of ours," he whined. I rolled my eyes and curled up on my soft bed.

"She's the one," I whispered to the both of us as he lay next to me. I let sleep consume me.