21. Explanation

Jesse's POV.
"I think I might know why Jasmine shifted into into a werewolf," I say.

"Yeah, you bit her," Jose snaps back.

"For the last time, I didn't bite her," I bark back. "But, do you remember that guy with the knife aimed for her throat?"

Everyone nods, and Jose gives me a knowing look. He shudders in disgust and growls, looking at my mate.

"Do you think," Jose starts. I glare at nothing in particular, and he knows he's right.

"They slit her the slightest bit, allowing the werewolf blood enter her body. She got so angry at us; that's what caused the new beast within her to shift more painfully than it should have," I explain as my little one's friends share a petrified look.

"But how? Nothing was on the knife," Hazey protests.

"That's where you're wrong, Hazey," I speak coldly.

"You see, that is a Change Knife. That means it is not a everyday knife like you girls are used to. The knife they had has werewolf blood inside the metal. They chipped the metal deep enough so they can inject the blood into someone," Jose answers.

"But if you knew that, Jesse, then why didn't you stop that from happening," Shelby scolds me.

"If I tried to stop them, then they would have killed her instantly. At least she wasn't killed thanks to Dalton's perfect timing."

I point to Dalton on my left. He crosses his arms, glaring at them.

"Do you care about not letting Jasmine get killed or are you disappointed that she is at least alive and breathing?" Dalt asks coldly, looking at the girls disapprovingly.

"What kind of question is that?" Kiley shouts.

"Of course we're relieved that Jaz is alive!" Alexis chants.

"If Dalton was there sooner, we wouldn't be arguing, and our friend wouldn't had had to suffer through that," Shelby rages.

"The boys are right," Hazey pipes in.

Everyone stops talking, glancing at her in complete shock. Both sides. She suddenly becomes uncomfortable under our stares. Hazey shifts from one leg to the other, looking down.

"And why's that," Shelb argues, crossing her arms. Gee...way to be cold-hearted to a friend. Do you want an award or something?

"Well...think about it. Would you rather Jasmine shift and be alive, or not shift and dead?"

For some reason, she looks down as if to think about it. The world stops completely. No noise. Everyone and everything is waiting for her answer.

"Alive," she mutters.

A crash came from behind us. This should be fun. I turn around, smirking like an idiot. Jasmine was still in her wolf form, running around stupidly. Oh well, that's one of the reasons I love my mate.

She shook her wolf head, blinking a few times after she crashed into the dumpster.

(AN: Here's a funny fact, my older brother actually ran into a dumpster before.)

I laughed so hard I lost my balance. Luckily, Dalton caught me before I actually fell over.

I love my mate, if you can't tell that already.

----------
Here's Saturday's update.