1: The Agent

The Avengers shifted in their seats as they sat in the meeting room. They were waiting for Tony and the agent that stood behind the annoyed Fury had barely blinked. Thor wasn't there but Steve and Natasha had both tried to talk to the young boy to no avail.

"The man of the hour has arrived," Tony struts in and takes a seat.

"Now that we're all here we can get started," Fury says with the clearing of his throat. "I'm adding a new member to your team," Fury states and varying reactions followed from excitement to annoyance.

"Who is it?" Steve cuts the others off.

"This," the boy steps forward, "is Agent 18, codename Stingray" Fury motions to the emotionless boy.

"What did you do to him? Our assassins show more emotion," Tony motions between Natasha and the kid.

"Your mission is to help integrate him as an Avenger as part of his training," Fury ignored the comment. "Agent 18 you need to gather your belongings and be ready to relocate in 30 minutes," the agent acknowledged and walked out of the room.

"There's more," Natasha broke the small silence after he had left.

"We need you to learn his real name," Fury said and held back a grimace at shocked silence, SHIELD was known for keeping tabs on everybody.

"You've had as an agent for how long and don't know his name?" Banner asked finally.

"He calls himself Maverick West and joined 6 months ago, breezing through training. He beat the score for information protection," Fury said with a shrug.

"But you would have to almost die for that. Nat had to stop because of the blood loss," Clint exclaimed.

"We had to pull him out," Fury stated.

"What test is that?" Steve asked with heavy distrust.

"It's a test on how well you can keep information under pressure," Natasha said shortly.

"I will leave him to you then," Fury them walked out to avoid further questioning on his uncharacteristic decision to let the boy join SHIELD.

The team waited as the minutes ticked by until the door opened again to reveal the young agent with a backpack and duffle bag. It had been exactly 30 minutes since he had left the room.

"Let's get this show on the road," Tony got up and walked out with the others following to go back to the tower.

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

The next couple of days were interesting for the group to say the least. They tried multiple ways to get anything from the newest member to no avail. They were frustrated as they couldn't even get a reaction from the agent, not even Tony's attempt at pranking him worked. They were only attempts though as Clint ended up being the unwilling victim instead.

On the fifth day with the new member, they were surprised to find that the boy could cook. The Avengers entered the kitchen that morning to find a spread of eggs, bacon, french toast and hashbrowns. They didn't know it was him at first until they found it couldn't have been anyone else in the tower by process of elimination.

Agent 18, in general, stayed away from the group, voting to train or do paperwork on his own so Tony decided to make it mandatory to participate in some team bonding, whether it be a movie, an activity or just eating a meal as a group ever other night. Riptide choosing then to stand at the side quietly for the most part.

This was how the Avengers worked for the next few weeks until the remainder of the team decided to show themselves.

First Chapter up!

Please remind me when I take to long to update this.

All timeline stuff is at the end of the previous chapter thing.

Tell me what you think.

Love you all! -Ghost