19: Control

"Pufferfish, come eat some food," Loki demanded as he sauntered into the common area. Percy stood from the couch stiffly and made his way into the kitchen area and sat at the counter and waited for the god to serve him some food.

Natasha followed the youngest as he sat down with the others and took a seat next to him at the counter. "You're listening to him now," she remarked as they watched the demigod wait patiently.

Percy didn't look at her as he watched Loki prepare some concoctions of food in the kitchen. Upon a curious glance from Clint at the food he found the git to be making an omelet for the demigod. "My father has seemed that he can hold command over me for the next little while to ensure I'm healthy for the coming events," Maverick said coldly but his eyes showed his annoyance in this decision.

"Don't worry Pufferfish, I promise not to abuse this arrangement," Loki said sincerely and glanced at the child of Hades with a smirk, "too much."  

Stingray growled lowly but didn't make any other movement.

The others watched the interaction with amusement, it seemed that Loki was the only one to be able to get a real reaction out of the youngest. The others watched as Loki worked and eventually served the meal with a glass of water. Percy didn't say a word as he ate the food without hesitation, finishing by downing the glass of water. Loki avidly watched as he leaned over the counter comfortably with a hand cradling his chin.

"Now it's not that bad is it?" Loki asked when he took the empty dishes and put them in the sink behind him.

Percy raised an eyebrow, "the food was fine."

"You're avoiding the question, Boy Wonder," Tony said with a teasing grin. 

"Boy Wonder," Percy asked as he deflected again.

Tony rolled his eyes with an unnecessary flair, "as in Robin. I would call you Batman but you seem to have some sort of love for the world under." the man paused to motion to the entirety of the youngest, "all that." Percy glared slightly but didn't say anything as Tony flinched slightly under the gaze.

"Now, now Pufferfish. Let's not kill the man that is letting us live in his tower," Loki taunted and Maverick frowned and stood up.

"I have training to complete," he announced and left the room without further comment on the issue.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"I refuse to drink that," Stingray said as he stared at the glass in front of him, the smooth black liquid stared back like flat cola. 

"Perseus you need to drink this to help with the process of removing those curses," Loki pushed as he sat next to the demigod in the empty kitchen. The rest of the Tower's occupants were either asleep at the early hour or in Steve's case was out on a morning jog in Central Park.

"I want to know what's in it," Maverick finally said before gently picking up the glass to swish the slightly viscous liquid, it flowed like heated syrup or honey. Hopefully, it would taste somewhat adequate Percy mused.

"Nothing that can kill you," Loki said in amusement at the reaction just the fist potion entailed, "your brother was quite adamant in checking each ingredient and watching me prepare the batch." He paused and let the agent finally give in and drink some of the black potion. "Along as with the other potions, I prepared for you."

Maverick restrained himself from spitting the surprisingly pleasant potion as he swallowed his mouthful and placed the glass back down on the counter. "Others," he repeated lowly with a glare.

"They are for the day of the ritual but this is to be taken every day until then to ensure the curses have lost some of their holds to your being," Loki clarified, slightly miffed at the lack of reaction from the male.

"Is there anything else I should know before the others start their day?" Maverick asked with a raised brow. With Loki's response standing as negative, Percy downed the rest of the glass before leaving to get in some much-needed swim time. 

A/N It's short I know but I'm setting up for the big ritual that honestly I'm really excited about writing. I'm sorry if this is a little dry but please bear with me.

Today's update is on the request of the amazing @Welcometotherock 

Tell me what you think!

Love you all! -Ghost

PS Please be safe and respect social distancing ^_^