16: Party

"-again I thank you all for coming out tonight. Also, don't forget to check out the bar and have some fun!" Tony announced and the hall cheered the billionaire off the stage.

"I don't see why I need to be here," Agent 18 drawled as he stood to the side of the stage.

Ginger curls bounced as the smirking actor's daughter approached, "because if I have to do this for my birthday every year, then you can handle it once for joining the Avengers."

"Every year?" Percy cringed. Rachel nodded with a frown.

"Also," she gave a look of pity, "I was told to warn you that Jason is coming." Percy gave a confused look.

"Who's Jason?" Natasha asked as she joined the group.

"Better question, why him?" Percy asked as they made their way to a table at the back of the room.

Rachel laughed sightly, "he wants to make sure you weren't stealing his girl." 

Percy let his head hit the table, "gross." Rachel just smiled as she watched her friend finally show some emotion.

"And who is Jason, Maverick?" Natasha asked again, using the Agent's alias this time.

"Percy Jackson's cousin and Piper's boyfriend," Rachel supplied and Percy groaned.

"Well it seems you could use a disguise, little pufferfish," a feminine voice purred from behind them.

They turned to face the speaker. Percy blushed as he faced the woman behind him. She had long, black, curly hair that swept past her shoulders but was pulled back at the front to show off her earrings, perfectly framing her elegant face. The long forest green dress had a boat neckline and a slit up the one side for walking.

"Pufferfish?" Rachel questioned and Matthew frowned, only one person calls him that.

"I thought you were told to stay upstairs to prevent any outrage," he commented.

Loki gracefully joined the table, her face trying to hide a smirk. "These Midgardians are not smart enough to tell that is me in this form," she said flippantly as she leaned toward Maverick, "what do you think Agent West?"

Percy coughed as he faced the god and desperately tried to suppress his blush, "I wasn't aware of your female form."

Loki smirked at the response, "so you prefer this?" Rachel failed at holding a laugh as Loki sat on Maverick's lap.

"Piper is going to have way too much fun with this," she commented.

"I think you look fine," Percy finally mumbled out.

Loki chuckled at the demigod, "let's fix your identity problem." She placed her hands on his head and let his face glow green. "There," Loki hummed as she stood and took a proper seat at the small table.

Rachel leaned forward and poked his face. "Weird," she mumbled, "It's still your face but I only see Maverick West. If that makes sense." 

Percy glared at the now female god, "as long as it works for the party." Loki rolled her eyes.

ψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψψ

"There she is!" Piper exclaimed and pulled her boyfriend towards the table that held Rachel.

"Hey," the ginger greeted as she turned to face them and giving them quick hugs.

Jason gave a strained smile, "Hey Rachel, long time no see."

Rachel gave her press smile as she turned to the table to introduce the occupants, "Jason, Piper meet Natasha and Maverick. They're Avengers that work for SHIELD, and, um." She faltered at what to call Loki in his feminine form but Percy picked it up.

"This is Harlett, she works in the tower here," Percy said as he smirked slightly. Loki glaring at the demigod as she stood.

"Loki actually," she iterated and motioned to shake Jason's hand, "I'm in this form as to not cause alarm."

Jason shook the offered hand, "I was told you were being held on Asgard for what you did."

"I'm serving the Avengers in punishment for that," Loki frowned as they took their seats. "But I must say that meeting two of the seven and an Oracle is quite worth it." The demigods froze.

"What's the Seven?" Natasha asked, on guard. She knew that Percy and the other's had been hiding something, this seemed to be it.

"The Seven are a group of demigods that saved the world from a godly threat over two years ago. Most of them are still alive lone one or two from what I know," Maverick reported.

"Yes, I was hoping to be able to meet Perseus Jackson while imprisoned here but he was killed heroically in battle," Loki sighed, both her and Natasha glancing at him. Jason flinched at the statement.

"Yes quite a shame he was executed," Percy glared back. All of the others affiliated with the camps flinched at that.

Jason put his head down, "yeah. That never should have happened."

"Did you say, demigods? As in children of the gods," Natasha ignored the mood, in full investigation mode.

Rachel, glad for the change in topic, as small as it is, answered, "the Greeks sometimes have a hard time keeping it in their pants."

Maverick raised an eyebrow, "sometimes is an understatement." Then he noticed Natasha's face, "don't worry, Fury has a hand on it." Natasha skeptically nodded and filed the information away for later, taking a sip from her drink.

The night progressed smoothly as they steered the topic away to more mundane, neutral territory, the group breaking up to mingle after a while till the end of the party.

A/N Sorry that this is so late. I'm sick and struggling in managing college life at the moment and am slowly getting back on track.

I am running out of written stuff for this book so I can't promise when the next few chapters will be out.

Tell me what you think.

Love you all! -Ghost