18: Verdict

Hades nodded, "I have thought of your offer and have decided," he looked to his adopted son, "that I will support Percy in whether he takes your offer or not." He turned back to Loki as he finished his proclamation.

"As you wish," Loki accepted and turned to Percy. "Have you changed your mind on the matter?"

Percy shifted in his seat, "I- I might be willing to give it a chance." He looked to his adoptive father who smiled to him in reassurance.

"Very well, what do you need?" Hades asked Loki who was refraining from grinning like a mad man.

He quickly recomposed himself and made sure he remembered his list. "I'll need a station similar to what I presume you used to create the seals in a remote location that the Greek gods' power is weakened. Preferably colder climate. I also need ingredients that I need to gather and my brother and his mortal friends to no be able to interrupt." He listed off and reminded himself to brew the needed potion before they left.

"So Alaska," Nico commented on where Loki was describing.

Loki nodded, "If that fulfills the requirements."

"We will get the materials you requested and meet you in Alaska in 4 days, then. Till then," Hades dismissed them.

"One more thing," Loki asked before Percy and Nico could drag him out of the underworld, "it would help if I could hold command over Perseus until the ritual is complete."

Hades put a hand to stop the demigod in question from leaping at Loki, "and how would that help?"

Loki smiled smugly, "I might need to ensure that he is strong enough to endure the procedure and not acquire any permanent side effects." Percy voiced a few choice words at the Norse God for that, something Nico didn't hesitate to agree with his brother on.

Hades let his eyes pass over the three others before answering, "very well, but it must be within reason."

"Of course, my Lord," Loki bowed and hid his shit-eating grin before letting the two black haired males return hin to the tower.

Loki stumbled as they landed in the tower. "I need that list," Nico said as Loki regained his composure. The god just waved for the demigod to follow him while Percy took a seat on the nearby couch until the meeting, that the Avengers were probably arguing with Fury in, would end.

Percy was relaxing and watching the TV when the Avengers finally emerged from the room, Fury was the first the storm out and immediately take the elevator out of the building. "What was that?" Tony asked as he noticed Percy was back.

"What was what?" Percy asked back as he turned off the TV.

"Wait," Clint interrupted Tony, "where's Loki." The archer was on edge that the god was not being watched at the moment. He usually kept tabs on the god just in case but the meeting had disrupted his ability to do so once Nico had taken Loki and Percy.

"He took my brother to give him a list for the potions he's making," Percy reported as he stood to properly face the group. "What did Fury say?" he asked in fake innocence.

The group gave him a look as he tried to relax his stance but the new revelation with his team about the gods as well as the impending prospect of being free of the curses had him wound tight as a compressed spring. "He wouldn't elaborate on the existence of demigods," Steve explained.

Natasha walked forward, "but you are willing to share more than what you told me at the party right?" She cocked a knowing eyebrow to coax the information out of the agent.

Percy narrowed his eyes and looked them all over carefully, assessing whether they could be trusted with the information. Banner and couple others were trying, and failing, at stopping themselves from fidgeting under the scrutinizing stare. "As long as you swear on the Styx. This information is more vital than me being alive," Percy finally agreed.

They all took a seat on the couches Percy was lounging on earlier. "Start from the beginning," Steve ordered. Percy said he would comply once recording systems were down (*cough* Tony *cough*) and they had sworn themselves to secrecy. They all complied immediately. Clint, being the only one to leave to check on the God of Lies with the promise of an explanation later.

"Demigods are the offspring that occurs when a mortal has attracted the attention of an immortal, usually a god," Percy started.

"Is there more than Greek gods that do this?" Bruce asked.

"I only know that Greek, Roman and Norse Gods follow this."

"Norse?" Thor asked. He didn't know any other mortal women that had caught his eye other than Jane Foster.

Percy stared at the god a moment before realization sparked in his eyes, "the more spiritual aspect. The equivalent of you and the other Asgardians reside on a different magical plane that connects in Boston somewhere." All he got were mostly blank stares at the explanation. He sighed, "that's how it was explained to me when I asked the children of Loki and the Son of Frey I met before I got banished and like two-thirds of them were dead at the time. You learn to just accept it as it is."

"Any other crazy religions out there?" Tony asked sarcastically.

"The Egyptians, but they don't have kids or manifest in the same way. They mostly possess a host but you need the bloodline to be able to do it," Percy replied, his lips twitched up at the reactions of the others, ranging from disbelief to shock.

Tony gave him a weird look, "well I'm surprised the world hasn't blown up yet."

Percy smiled slightly but it was somewhat strained, "that's what Demigods do, we work together to keep a balance between good and evil for our own religion, mostly, so that mortals can live as their ignorant selves."

Tony held up a hand in his 'shut up the billionaire needs to talk' way, stopping anything anyone else was gonna say, "Then why didn't you do anything to help when the Chitauri attacked, you could have at least helped with keeping the citizens out of the way."

Percy looked at the billionaire blankly. "They did. I was the original agent with the tesseract after you retrieved it for SHEILD before I was reassigned here." Everyone stared. "Fury is very deliberate in how he handles assets. I was the most logical person to hold it, should something go wrong, as I would be most useful in using the stone and am bound to follow orders." 

Cint narrowed his eyes in thought. "Was?" he questioned.

"Mr. Pierce disagreed," Percy glowered, "I was reassigned here instead. I was deemed unsafe with my lack of background."

"They want us to keep you in line," Steve concluded with a frown. Percy nodded solemnly.

A/N Hey Guys!!!

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates lately. With the pandemic going on a lot has been happening for me including being moved out of res and moving in with my dad (which I haven't lived with for over 10 years) so there's some adjustment for that. On top of it is online learning for my classes that I have to keep up with (I'm finding it really difficult due to it missing the practical components that make up the majority of my courses).

So yeah my life has been crazy, as I think a lot of people's have been lately, which leaves me with almost time to write and my deteriorating mental health added in my motivation is suffering.

That said all your support is appreciated and every vote, read and addition to a reading list is great encouragement for me (no matter how much you guys can be desperate for an update or extremely passive-aggressive with me. Don't think I don't go through ALL of my notifications on here, I see it all. lol). 

If anyone wants to, my server is always open on Discord (link in my bio), I've been very active on there lately and I love getting the feedback from you all or just hearing about how your day is going. That said, shout out to SammyPanti for picking this as my project to work on tonight :) [and those who commented at me to update for the like 5 months (whoops)]

Love you all! -Ghost