Chapter Fourteen

Rona did not sleep for long, no more than an hour or two. The sky was still light. Not much time had passed. 

Rona could still feel Hvitserk's arm around her. Rona shuffled slightly to try and get herself comfortable again and laid her head back down on Hvitserk's lap. Hvitserk noticed Rona stirring.

"Did you sleep well?" Hvitserk asked.

"Kind of," Rona paused. "I had a strange dream though." Rona explained.

"What was the dream about?" Hvitserk asked. Rona soon realised what she had said. She was not yet ready to tell Hvitserk about her visions. As much as she loved him and valued the relationship they had, she was unsure as to how he would react to Rona's visions. Would he stop being friends with her? Would he even believe her in the first place?

Rona's visions could be considered a gift from the Gods by some, but they could also be classed as an abnormality and there was a possibility that Rona could be branded as a witch by people if they knew about her abilities. 

Rona decided to brush off what she had said. Despite the fact that she had slept relatively well, she still did not have that much energy. Not enough energy to face Hvitserk's possibly negative reaction. 

"I cannot quite remember what my dream was about...but it was strange." Rona said, beginning to sit up. Hvitserk took Rona in his arms and helped her until she was sat upright against the back of the boat. 

Rona wrapped herself in the blanket that was covering her. Hvitserk began looking around the boat.

"Helga!" Hvitserk called out. Helga was stood a few feet in front of Hvitserk and Rona with Floki. Helga turned to face Hvitserk, smiled a friendly smile and walked over.

"You are awake, I see." Helga said to Rona. Rona nodded, not giving Helga a reply. 

"I want you to try and help Rona, Helga. She has been having these fainting spells for a while, she's also been having nightmares and strange dreams. I am unsure as to why because Rona says she came to see you before we left Kattegat." Hvitserk explained. Helga looked confused. 

Rona's heart began to beat faster. Hvitserk would find out that Rona had been lying to him. She really didn't want another argument with Hvitserk right now. 

"Rona, you have not been to see me. But you should have, I would gladly have helped you." Helga stated. Rona looked at the floor. She knew that Helga meant well but Helga had also just caused a rift between Rona and Hvitserk. 

Rona heard Hvitserk sigh.

"Rona, you told me that you had seen Helga before we left Kattegat. You promised to see a healer before we left." Hvitserk said in an irritated tone. Rona rolled her eyes.

"Hvitserk, I do not need a healer but I knew that if I had told you that, you would have marched me straight to Helga and would have made sure I could not come on this journey with Bjorn." Rona explained. Hvitserk scoffed.

"Maybe I would have, but don't you realise that I am only trying to look after you?" Hvitserk questioned. Rona shook her head and chuckled.