Chapter Twenty-Three

The sun had set and the sky was now getting dark. The fleet had finally arrived back in Kattegat and were now docking their boats at the harbour. 

Rona hurriedly collected her things and made her way towards the front of the boat, ready to disembark. Rona was happy to be home, happy to be going back to her farm, happy to have some serenity after her journey. However, Rona's happy mood did not last long. 

Just as Rona was stepping off of the boat, she felt the familiar ache in her temple, she leaned on a nearby post, she felt somebody's arms go around her body. Rona's sight went completely black for a moment before she was yet again pulled into a vision. 

***

Rona was stood in the great hall. It was crowded. It seemed as if Lagertha was hosting a gathering. All seemed normal. However, only a few seconds passed before Rona noticed that something was wrong.

The doors to the great hall were being barricaded, Lagertha's shieldmaidens (including Torvi and Astrid) were being held with weapons drawn at them. Torvi called out to Lagertha. 

The room seemed to go silent...until a dragging sound was heard. A path opened up within the crowd of people. Rona pushed her way to the front of the crowd so she could see what was happening. 

Ubbe and Ivar were walking towards Lagertha; the looks on their faces were less than friendly. It seems that Ivar was in fact alive after all.

***

Rona opened her eyes and saw that Bjorn was holding her in his arms, Hvitserk was stood nearby, looking at her with concern. By this point, the two Ragnarssons knew what had happened to the young shieldmaiden but they still held concern for her whenever she would be pulled into a vision.

"What happened?" Bjorn asked. Rona stood up properly and Bjorn let her go. 

"We have to get to the great hall. Now. I believe Ubbe and Ivar are trying to kill Lagertha." Rona explained. 

Rona saw Bjorn's eyes widen, evidently worried, Hvitserk simply looked confused. 

Bjorn and Rona hastily began making their way to the great hall, many of the fleet following behind, after hearing what Rona had said. 

It did not take long for the group to reach the great hall. Bjorn tried opening the door. It didn't budge. 

"Of course they would barricade the door." Rona huffed. 

"Stand back." Bjorn said. Rona nodded at her friend and obliged, making sure the other crew members gave Bjorn some space. He was going to have to break the door down.

Bjorn gestured for a few of his strongest men to come help him. The men stepped back a few steps and rammed into the door all at once, it burst open. 

The crowd inside the great hall all turned to face Bjorn and his fleet. Shocked. Bjorn took a few steps inside, followed by Rona and a few of the men, swords drawn and shields ready.