Chapter Fifteen

Bjorn just stared at Rona. Rona stared back for a few seconds then looked down to the floor, unsure of what to do. Rona started fidgeting with her sleeves.

Suddenly, Bjorn had brought Rona into a hug. Rona was surprised at Bjorn's sudden affection, but she put her arms around him anyway. She needed something, someone to hold on to. She felt like her knees may buckle at any moment. She could feel the tears brewing in her eyes. Rona eventually let them fall. She was feeling extremely overwhelmed.

"It is alright. Everything will be alright." Bjorn said, trying to comfort his friend. He kissed the top of Rona's head.

Rona sobbed almost silently, only Bjorn could hear her almost inaudible cries. It broke his heart to see her this way. Rona was always very vocal about how she felt about things, but she never normally cried. Her emotions would normally come out as rage. Bjorn was not used to seeing Rona so emotional. He was not too sure of what to do, so he just held her.

After a couple of minutes, Bjorn released Rona from their embrace and had her sit down on top of some crates, Bjorn did the same.

"I know that you are processing a lot of information right now, Rona. But I still need you to make sure not to talk to anyone, I mean it. Do not talk to anyone of your abilities, except for me and my Mother...and Ragnar if you wish." Bjorn explained. Rona nodded.

"As I told you earlier, I was not going to tell anyone else." Rona replied.

"Good." Bjorn said with a sigh.

Rona was now wondering why Bjorn was so against her talking about her abilities. Was he ashamed of her? What was he hiding? Did he know something she didn't?

"Why are you so against me talking to anyone about my abilities, Bjorn? Are you ashamed of me? Do you think I am a witch or something?" Rona asked. Bjorn chuckled nervously. Rona was confused.

"I cannot explain it. I really cannot, not yet," Bjorn said. "But just know, that no, I am not ashamed of you. That is the farthest thing from the truth." Bjorn said, placing his hand on Rona's knee. Rona gave Bjorn a confused look.

"Then what is it?" Rona questioned. Bjorn sighed.

"Just know...that your abilities...they are a gift, not a curse. Even though they may feel like a curse to you, they are not. Your gift gives you an advantage. Why do you think I chose you as my second-in-command over my brother?" Bjorn replied. Rona smiled wearily. Even though she was confused by Bjorn's words, it was nice for her to hear that someone, firstly, believed her and that they also believed her abilities to be a positive thing and not a negative thing.

"I just wish I could control my abilities more. It is not exactly ideal, me fainting every once in a while. The pain I get in my head does not help either, neither do the dreams." Rona explained. Bjorn nodded.

"I understand, it cannot be easy for you. But you will learn to control your gifts." Bjorn stated.

"I hope you're right, Bjorn. I really hope you're right." Rona replied.

There was a brief period of silence between the two friends before Bjorn began to speak again.

"What has become of my father? At least to your knowledge?" Bjorn asked. Rona sighed.

"I believe he is with King Ecbert. This is where he met my brother...half-brother and...and my half-brother's mother, Judith I believe." Rona explained. Bjorn nodded then placed his head in his hands.