Chapter 35

Ashley's Pov

As I waited for death all I could think about were the things I never got to do. I never got to travel the world like I dreamed. I never got to go to college even though most people wouldn't believe I actually wanted to attend. I never got to get a real job, make a name for myself in the world. I guess that was partly what wanting to be a luna was all about. If I'm honest with myself I wanted to be important, remembered. No one really cared what I did or why most of the time. Even if they did they never made me feel as though they truly cared because I got away with everything, until now. Sure my parents would tell me right from wrong from time to time but they were never aggressive or assertive when it came to punishment. It was almost like being ignored and I guess I liked attention. I wanted someone to put my in my place, I wanted someone to care enough to say no and mean it. I wanted someone like Dreydon. All kinds of thoughts rushed through my mind, tons of memories from the past, tons of regrets. But none of them compared to the painful realization that I would miss out on all the things I could have experienced with Dreydon. We would never get married or have children. I never pictured myself as a mother. I was always far from maternal but with Dreydon by my side I would have  been willing to try.

"On with it," Liam said and the blades raised preparing to drop. At least it would be quick. 

"Alpha. There's another Alpha here and he's pissed" a frantic pack member said interrupting. I found myself grateful to whoever made the intrusion. Even a few more seconds were precious.

"Who the hell-" 

Before Liam could finish I heard a voice. A voice I never thought I would hear again. It was Luca, he was here.

Luca's POV

Coming into a new country I wasn't sure what I expected.  Spain had this old country feel to it like there was so much history to be found. I didn't have time to explore though. Finding Mitchell was the only thought on my mind. He would pay for everything he did. He would not get away with kidnapping and almost killing my mate. I know Maxine let Ashley go for her own reasons. Even though I didn't like it I agreed to let her live as long as I never saw her again but Mitchell was another story. My need for revenge almost consumed me. Maxine didn't even know the real reason I was here. I couldn't rest until this was over and I ended him. Knowing that he was out there planning my demise and the take over of my pack didn't sit well with me. I would not be in a position of wondering when and where he would attack. We deserved peace after that has happened. I didn't have a lead, nothing but the information from Ashley and I felt like I was running out of time. There was only one option left. I had to get to Liam's pack and find Ashley.

I knew the general location of the pack since all Alpha's were required to know basic locations for safety reasons. It wasn't too hard to find. As soon as I arrived I was met with guards.

"Tell Liam I need to see him it's urgent," I tried to follow protocol and remain neutral even though my blood was boiling and my wolf restless. 

"He's busy at the moment and cannot be disturbed at this time. If you wait he may be available shortly." 

That pissed me off more than I care to explain but I was trying to be patient. That is until I heard something that caught my attention.

"Time to change shifts. At least you get to watch the execution" another guard said laughing as he walked towards us.

Execution? They couldn't be executing Ashley could they? 

"Whose execution? Tell me?" I said grabbing the first one by is throat.

"The beta and his slut" he said gasping for air.

Hell no. Not until I got what I needed first.

I growled and the other pack member took off running. I made my way onto the territory at break neck speed. The look of shock on Liam's face was enough to let me know he wasn't pleased to see me.

"Let her go," I said with my voice barely above a whispher.

"No. They betrayed my pack and they will die."

"Not until I get some answers. If she dies I rip this pack apart your choice"

I would not leave until I got what I came for. I would find Mitchell and anyone who stood in my way would suffer the consequences. This was my mission to finish and the beta who helped start all of this would pay.