Chapter 10

Ashley's POV

My mate cheated on me.

That was the only thing going through my mind as I walked alone. I had to get out of that house and away from him and her. It was funny really how things turned out. After all I've done I should have known this would end up happening to me. I bet a lot of she wolves would love to see me now. It's karma they would say, she deserves it. When I decided to do what I wanted and go back to living my life I didn't think about Dreydon doing the same thing. I didn't think about what it would feel like to have the tables turned. All I thought about was me and what would make me happy. Nothing was going the way it was supposed to. Dreydon was supposed to find out about the party later and let it go because it was what we both wanted. I wasn't supposed to be hurt by him sleeping with someone else because he had every right to do so. But none of that happened. Instead he was pissed and ended up running into the arms of the one woman he knew would hurt me the most. Everything had become so complicated when it seemed so easy. Was I developing feelings for him? Is that why it hurt so much? Did he care about me? Obviously not.

Get it together Ashley. I told myself. This wasn't me. I could get past this. I was stronger then this.

But the more I tried to forget it the more I couldn't. I wanted to just rewind time so that I never saw him with her. Maybe then I would be able to deal with it thinking that it was someone else, anyone else. I took a deep breath and sank to the ground. I was tired of walking and I knew he wouldn't come after me. Even if he did what could he say? He didn't mean to hurt me? Lie. He loved me? Lie. It'll never happen again? Lie. It was a mistake? Lie.

This was one of those times when no explanation was needed. I didn't want to hear what happened and how he ended up with her because it didn't matter. The fact was he did it, simple as that. I wasnt going to cry, I wasn't going to feel sorry for myself and become someone I wasn't. I wasn't insecure, I wasn't weak, I wasn't stupid and I wasn't a victim. Most women would a themselves what is wrong with me? What is it about me that would make him want to cheat? Am I not pretty enough? Is my body not appealing? Am I too fat? Too skinny? But I wasn't one of those women. I knew there was nothing wrong with me physically. I was beyond hot and Celeste didn't have a thing on me. Dreydon was crazy to think that she could even compare.

I picked myself up and brushed the dirt off my dress. I was going to walk inside that pack house with my head held high because anthing less would be admitting defeat which I would never do. Celeste may have had for a night but he was still mine nothing would change that. If he wanted her fine, he could have her but I would show him what he was missing.

I walked through the door and pushed the elevator button. I got off and walkes into his room. He was sitting on the bed. The whole place had been trashed. I pretended not to notice as I stars gathering my things.

"Ashley" I didn't answer him or spare him a glance.

"Ashley" he said louder and I knew he was getting pissed but I didn't care. He finally stormed over when I tried to open the closet door. He slammed it so I couldn't go in and backed me into the wall.

"Don't fucking ignore me"

"Move" I said calmly.

"No not until you let me explain"

"I don't want to hear it"

"Too bad because you're going to fucking listen"

"It won't change anything" That got to him. He knew I was telling the truth. Nothing he could say would erase what he had done.

"I just need you understand why it happened"

"You don't owe me an explantion. You made no promises remember" I knew it hurt to hear his words used against him but it was the truth.

I ran his fingers through his hair and I knew he was frustrated. With me or himself I couldn't tell.

"So you're the victim now is that it? Lets see how does the story go huh? That son of a bitch Dreydon cheated on princess Ashley so she walks away. She deserves somebody better, who won't screw her over because he's heartless and cold right? She deserves someone who worships the ground her designer heels walk on who loves her unconditionally because she is so damn innocent" I stayed silent for a minute thinking his words over.

"I never said I was innocent and I'm not playing the victim. If you want Celeste have her I won't stand in your way"

"I never said I wanted her"

"You didn't have to you fucked her it was clear"

"The only thing that was clear is you intentionally going out with another man behind my back and getting felt up in front of practically the entire pack when you're supposed to be my mate"

"Whose playing the victim now?" We looked at each other knowing that we were both at fault but neither of us willing to take the blame. I wasn't ready to forgive him and obviously he still was bitter about me going out.

"Look i'm tire of arguing with you Dreydon. I just want my own room and some space. I think we both need it, to figure out what we really want" I saw an unknown emotion cross his face before he opened the closet door and left.