Chapter 3: The Castle

"Sophie its time to wake up" I hear Mom yell.
"Five more minutes," I mumble groggily .
"The people from the castle will be here in a hour," Mom yelled louder, which made me bolt up. I quickly got dressed and headed to the kitchen.
Here have some breakfast Sweetie", Mom said while putting some mallow melt on the table.
"Edaline I could use some help putting Verdi in her pen", we heard Dad yell from outside.
"I will be in soon Sophie," Mom said, while heading towards the door.
While they were outside, the realization of what was happening finally hit me, causing me to freak out. Am I actually good enough for him? Will he reject me when I arrive at the castle? Will my family be alright while I'm gone...

Mom thankfully broke this line of thought asking me if I had enough to eat. I nodded my head.
Knock. Knock. Knock.
I stood up to go answer the door, assuming it was probably the royal advisor coming to pick me up.
"Hello Sophie!"  A familiar face says once I open the door. Turns out I was wrong, it was actually Keene.
"Hi Keefe." I reply with a smile on my face. I invite him in and we chat for a while, before I knew it we had to say goodbye. We both promised to write to each other while I'm away.

Thirty minutes after Keefe left, a royal advisor came to pick me up, to bring me to the palace. He informed me of all the rules, as well as took measurements, so I could have clothing fitted for me. Time passed so quickly, that now it's time to say final goodbyes.

"Bye Mom, Bye Dad!"

"Bye Sweetie, be sure to write us letters about your life at the castle!" Mom said smiling through tears, as she hates goodbyes.

"Bye Soybean, have fun, try not to get into to much trouble while your there." Dad responded giving me one last bear hug.

"I'll miss you guys." I wave, as I head out the door to the leap master.

"She's growing up so quickly," I heard mom whisper after she closed the door behind me.

To get to the palace we had to light leap to the closest possible park because my home leapmaster didn't have the castles crystal on it. The castle was beautiful, it had huge arched windows which sparkled in the sunlight, A couple royal guards came up and checked me for weapons, I was then brought to a huge waiting room. All the girls who had arrived already were in there either trying on dresses, getting their hair and make up done, or were being tested to see if they weren't tricking them about their abilities.

I went and got her abilities tested first, starting with inflictor, then going onto enhancer, polyglot then finally telepathy. There was a slight problem though with the telepathy test, I could easily slip into the probes minds but mine seemed impenetrable. They then told me, "We will test this ability sometime during the next week". They then left, no doubt to tell the king about my mind.

I then went to find a dress when one of the helpers excitedly ran over to me and practically forced me to try on this beautiful floor length red dress. It was a tad bit sparkly on the bottom.  Once I tried it on, I realized it fit perfectly. After, I went to thank the helper and headed to hair and makeup station. They just curled my hair and put on  a little bit of makeup, because I'm not a huge fan of either in the first place. About an hour after that the other girls and Igot called to dinner.

Hey guys, How are you liking the story so far? I know the first few chapters were a bit short, but maybe if I finish the story I will make them longer. Thanks

-twinkle7102