Chapter 20: The Rebel

Thanks everyone for all the reads! I just noticed that I am past 1K reads! I am very sorry for not updating recently! I hope you will forgive me for not updating sooner. Enjoy the chapter!

Sophie POV

I had a surprisingly good sleep last night. But morning didn't start off so well. I accidently put weight on my injured ankle while getting out of bed. It wasn't pleasant. Lily helped me put on a knee length purple dress, did my hair and makeup before sending me downstairs to breakfast. Stairs the bane of my existence, I almost fell down twice just on the way down them today. I got to the dinning room shortly after I got to the bottom of the horrid stairs. Biana was already there and we just talked while waiting for everyone to arrive. Breakfast was about the same as normal, the food some of the best things she has ever eaten. Lessons were to continue today, I was worried since the telepathy class was on the other side of the castle, how am I supposed to get there on time, I barely was able to normally.

"BANG"I then heard glass breaking, something was terribly wrong, someone broke into the castle. I was trying to stand up when Fitz was suddenly beside me. Before I knew it I was on his shoulder on the way to the safe room. Everyone soon arrived after us. After a few minutes we noticed that Joanne was missing! We sent some guards to go look for her, Fitz decided to go with them.

Fitz POV

I should have made sure that she was with us on the way to the safe room. Its pretty much all my fault she is missing. I know she was mean and all, but she was always around Stina. I hoped she would be somewhat better without her there. It turns out she wasn't really. But it still is my fault, even though she should've stayed with the group. "Hmph, they all got into the safe room" I heard a female voice say. It sounded quite familiar. "I just wish she would have died when she fell off her horse" she continued. There was then a male voice, but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I then realized the female was Joanne, but she was always with us during other attacks. It doesn't make much sense that it is her speaking to the Neverseen."I hoped Sophie would just leave out of embarrassment, especially since I ruined her original decorations" The guard who was with me, and I started to head back towards the safe room, currently there wasn't anything we could do without risking my life. "I didn't even want to enter the competition, it was purely to help you boss, get into the castle" was the last thing we heard before heading out of earshot, we quickened the pace until we arrived at the safe room, the guard departed again to see if he could do anything about Joanne.

Maybe two hours later the attack was over, but none of the guards were able to get any prisoners to question. Joanne just slipped through our fingers, we sadly reported that Joanne was a rebel to Sophie and Brooke. Sophie ended up going to see Elwin right after to get new crutches. "Fitz could I talk to you for a moment?" I heard my father say. I said "Sure" and went with him to his office. Once we were there he said "I wanted to talk to you about something to do with the selection..."