Chapter 17: Joanne's Task

"Sophie, time to get up!" Lily said. I can't believe that today, Joanne has her task. Brooke's is tomorrow, and mine is the day after! Lily, Amanda and Silvia started getting me ready, and soon I started heading down to breakfast. Biana was already there, we talked about many things, including the tasks. Not specifically saying what they were though, I sincerely wanted it to be a surprize. Breakfast was served, and once everyone was done eating Alden stood up.

"Hi, could I get every bodies attention please! Thank you, first of I would like to announce all the classes will be cancelled for the next three days, due to the girls tasks. Another thing, Joanne's task is a tea party. All the ladies in the room, could you please get changed and meet out by the gardens in one hour. Thank you, you are dismissed". Biana began dragging me to her room to get ready.

She apparently already had everything picked for me. A mint green tea dress, silver heels. And some lovely dangly earrings. She did a waterfall braid with my hair, and did very little makeup. It looked very nice. She then got ready before we headed towards the gardens.

(This is what a waterfall braid looks like for those who don't know)

All five of us. Brooke, Joanne, Biana, Della and I were having a fairly good time. We had some tea, of our own preferences, and mallowmelt. After maybe half an hour, we heard a knocking on the door. Joanne gets up to see who it is. It turned out to be Fitz. "Mom, Dad wishes you come to his office when the tea party is done" He says while Joanne is heading back to her seat. Her hand brushes against my cup, which is on the table. This tiny brush knocked over my cup and it got all over my dress. I feel tears starting to come down my cheeks, and I get up to leave.

I started running to my room, I hear somebody following close behind me. I have no idea who it is. Once I get into my room, I see it was Biana. She gives me a big hug. I know she probably spilled it by accident, but it was still a tiny bit traumatising. Biana heads over to my closet and picked a dress for me to change into. A red tea dress, which had a bit of silver embellishing on the waist. After I changed, she fixed my makeup, which had began to run. She then convinced me to return to the party, after all, it wasn't my fault.

As soon as we got back, Joanne apologized, saying it was an accident. And that she would have come to apologize sooner, except she still had guest to entertain. She seemed sincere, so I accepted her apology. One of the servants got me a different chair, which didn't have tea spilled on it. And we talked for maybe another half an hour. By then Della had to leave. So the party ended. Biana and I walked back to my room.

When we got back, I noticed the maids had already taken care of the dress, so we just sit down.

We talked for a while. Biana then asked me, "Sophie, do you want to have a sleepover in my rooms tonight? I have never had one." "Of course I would" I answered back. It was decided that my maids would send my nightgown to her room, and that I would just head there after dinner. Then we realized it was time for dinner, on the way we asked Lily if she could send the dress over to Biana's room. And we continued on our way.

Dinner was delicious, and surprisingly quick. Unlike most of the time when you want time to go by quickly. Biana and I headed back to her room. We ended up eating some mallowmelt. We played games, like Go Fish, and some other card games. It was maybe 11pm when we actually got changed to go to bed. One of the maids got me a cot. And soon we were fast asleep.

Hey everyone, I would love to dedicate this story to TheFluffyIggy. Their comment made my day!