Chapter Thirty-One: Heretofore | Part II

Chapter 31

~ You've never left my mind since day one ~

***

The year was 2020. The month was December. The day was Friday. And the date was 31st. That's when I first laid my eyes on you.

It was new year's eve. Everyone was out dancing on the dance floor. Everyone was ordering drinks or snacks from the bar. Everyone was having a great time.

Except for you.

You were on the phone, talking with someone. You sounded upset and angry and I became invested. Your red lips were moving, shouting at the person on the other side. Your long pink nails were drumming on the table, getting more and more loud as the seconds went by. Your fake eyelashes battered and fluttered against your eyelids.

And I couldn't stop staring.

I tried not to make it obvious, turning my head slightly to the left every so often so I could look at this girl. I don't know what was happening to me. But my eyes were transfixed on her. I couldn't bring myself to look away.

Suddenly, she dropped the phone - slammed the phone - on the table, crossing her arms over her chest in fury. I jolted, turning my head so she didn't catch me staring at her.

I was at the bar sitting on one of the stools drinking from my glass. I came alone because fucking Merle is in jail again and as for Kai, I don't know. I tried ringing him but I got no answer. So I just came by myself. And by the looks of it, so did she.

I could smell heavy perfume from my left side. It smelt like candy apples and I looked up. And there she was. She was standing beside me, her short red dress barely covering her ass and her black high heels tapping on the floor, waiting for the bar tender to come back. She was wearing a white fur coat over her red dress, and she took it off, placing it on the bar stool beside me. I gulped down the last of my alcohol, slamming the glass down on the bar table in front of me. This got her attention and I didn't mean to.

I could feel her staring at me, and I just kept looking forward, pretending I didn't notice or acknowledge her existence.

"Hey."

My shoulders tightened and my fists closed. I still didn't lock eyes with her.

"What does it take to get served around here?" She asks, putting her hands on her waist. She sits down beside me, her eyes wandering all over me like I was a rare animal she never saw before. I didn't reply.

"Huh," she says, placing her dirty blonde hair behind her ears. "Not much of a talker now, are you?"

The bar tender comes back, asking the girl what she would like.

"Glass of coke, please. I'm not much of a drinker," she says with ease, the man giving her what she ordered. She pays, the man walking off and leaving us alone again. I feel awkward.

She sighs, looking at me again. "Well if you're not going to talk then I'm just going to talk anyway. I'm a social person. I need attention," she giggles to herself. Her laugh is beautiful and my heart flutters against my chest. I gulp, turning my head to lock eyes with her for the first time.

My world stops as I look at her. Everything is a blur except for this young girl sitting beside me. I feel weird in a way. I don't know how to describe it. I've never felt this feeling before.

"Hello?" She questions, sounding like this wasn't the first time she asked me. I shake my head. It must be the alcohol. She smiles at me, her thick brown brows wiggling at me. I bite my tongue.

FALLEN ANGEL ➵ DARYL DIXON [1] ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें