Chapter Forty-Nine: Turbulent Times

Chapter 49

The Governor eyes Milton from across the road, his hands slightly jumpy. Overall, he seems to be on edge about something. Something important. Something he's not ment to know.

Something about Henri's disappearance...

The Governor crosses the road to Milton, his long grey coat almost brushing the old tar. Milton gulps, trying to keep his glare off of his stampeding movements. But it's hard not to acknowledge. He looks like he's ready to blow up, leaving his ashes dusted on Woodbury. If Woodbury were to burn, The Governor would burn along side it. Unless he was the one that caused the fire in the first place, he would live. But not much after.

He's got nothing to live for if his town was dust.

"Why are you so spooked. What's wrong?" The Governor groans harshly, pushing Milton up against the back alley so no one can see them. He holds Milton's collar up with two fists, Milton's glasses slipping off his face and onto the hard concrete.

"I-I-I-"

"Spit it out! I know you know where Henri is! What else have you been telling her, huh? Backstabbing me!"

"Please," Milton shakes, The Governor's grip only becoming more firmer. "She wanted back to her people. I-I- couldn't say no. Please!"

"LIAR!" The Governor yells in his face, his salvia dripping down Milton and he cringes, turning his cheek to him. "You know I hate liars, Milton! Tell me the truth!"

"It is the truth. I'm not lying! I would never do that. She's heading back to the prison! Honest!" Milton pleads, knowing the man in front of him has the thirst and drive to kill at any given moment. He just shuts his eyes.

"What else have you two been talking about, uh? I bet you went on ahead and told her about the deal! About KENDRA! You snitch!"

Milton doesn't reply, too scared to even open his mouth. Even if he did tell him the truth, he would possibly accuse him of a liar like he always does. It goes in one ear, and out the other. It's impossible to negotiate with a man like this. It's invalid.

"What about Merle, no? What happened him!" Milton fires back, days since he last saw him. And he has a pretty good theory on what has happened him: he fell into the lion's den.

"He's at the prison? What are you talking about?" The Governor asks, his blood freezing like ice cubes.

"That's not what I heard," Milton says, his voice croaked with grief. "And don't you worry, I have my ways... You murderer!"

The Governor sneers like the lion he is, harshly putting his hand over Milton's mouth and dragging him to the same place he sexually assaulted Jane.

He throws him in, but not before he kicks and punches him like he's nothing. Milton moans against the wall, falling to the ground and laying there as he holds his bruised stomach. The Governor grins, slamming the door shut and locking the door.

He now has a new mission on his blood stained hands: find Henri and bring her back.

🔸🔸🔸

Time. What exactly is it? It's the most important thing in this universe, yet very few people appreciate it and understand.

Time. It literally controls everything. It controls me. It controls you. It's the be-all and end-all. Yet very few people notice it and feel.

Time.

Time.

Time.