Chapter Sixty-Nine: O' Th' Milk Of Human Kindness

Chapter 69

The Governor ties the last tight knot on Kendra's wrist, her gritting her teeth because he's so harsh and rough. When the rope comes off, there will be rope burns for sure. That's if she ever escapes.

She looks to Bobby who is sitting besides her on the living room couch of the caravan. He's shaking with fear, reminding Kendra of a stray puppy out in a thunderstorm. It pulls on her heart strings, Bobby not deserving this. Both.

Her head pumps with ache, her nose still having blood on it to remind her over and over again that he kidnapped them.

"Hey," Kendra whispers, moving her tied hands on top of Bobby's to comfort him the best she can, "we'll be okay. We're fine."

Bobby gulps, trying to murder his nerves because it's taking over him. He thinks of the worse, The Governor chopping them up limb from limb, stabbing them repeatedly. He can't focus under pressure, the stress getting the better of him.

"Y-yeah..." He stutters, feeling Kendra's touch on his hands. It calms him down. But not a lot.

The Governor is walking around the small area, picking up kitchen knives, and, to Bobby's dread, he has a sword leaned up against the locked door.

"Hey!" Kendra raises her voice, grabbing The Governor's attention, "what are you planning on doing with us?"

He pours himself a glass of whiskey, sitting opposite the pair that he's captured. He holds up a gun, so they won't get any ideas of escaping.

"I'm taking you back to the prison," he answers, sipping his liquor and then gulping it down full.

"So we're bait. Is that it?" Kendra questions, Bobby hearing the anger in her voice rise that he didn't want.

"Smart girl," The Governor compliments, "I can see why the redneck is fond of you."

Kendra's face curls up in disgust. The first thing she pictured when she saw him again is all the mayhem he has caused, murdering her people, raping her mother. And other things she doesn't want to imagine.

"You won't get away with this," Kendra barks, her hidden fear dissolving into courage, "if I get loose, you better--"

Bobby nudges Kendra, hinting for her to stop threatening him because he has a gun pointed at them. The Governor smirks.

"Cat got your tongue?" He mocks Bobby, him not saying a word, "you know, silence says more things than words can ever say. What's on your mind, kid?"

Bobby has stopped breathing, his lungs filling up with water. He feels like he's drowning, The Governor leaning in closely and he smells the strong, invasive aroma.

"We.. we-we can work...together," Bobby blunders, "people don't have to...die."

The Governor coyly smiles, alluring him in. If he wants to get anywhere with Bobby, he has to lower himself, like taming a wild animal to trust you.

"Is that what you want?" The Governor speaks up, finishing off his alcohol. Bobby nods.

Suddenly, he jumps to his feet, throwing the glass at the window behind the pair, shattering into millions of tiny crystals. Bobby yelps, Kendra ducking her head down to avoid getting cut. The last time, she did get cut, her upper body still having the red scars. They both freeze, not daring to move.

"I don't care what you want!" He bashes, his temper seeping overboard. He takes off his black leather gloves, showing the bite mark.

They are in disbelief, The Governor a ticking time bomb. And he wants to take everyone down with him.