Chapter Thirty-Four: Farewell

Chapter 34

"He's what?"

Kai stares down at Jane, his blue eyes narrowing, his nostrils flaring. He shakes his head in disbelief, putting his hands on his waist. He lets out a loud sigh, turning his back on Jane and walking up the path to a silver car.

"What are you doing?" She asks with fright, spinning him round to face her. Dwight comes out of the prison, standing by Jane's side. "Yeah," he joins in. "The hell you doing, man?"

Kai ignores both of them, opening the car door and sitting in the drivers seat, but not closing the door. He sits there, his both hands on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning red. Suddenly, he hits the wheel with his fists, causing the horn to ring out, the walkers by the fence roaring out at the noise.

"Hey!" Dwight calls out. "The hell's going on?"

Jane inhales loud, exhaling even louder. "Daryl's went out again," she says, admitting to the truth.

"What?" Dwight says, surprised. "Again?"

"Now I'm going to get him," Kai says coldly, shutting and locking the car. Jane bangs on the door window with her palm, telling Kai to open the door. Instead, he screws down the window, Jane latching onto his collar. "You do no such thing. What if something happens you!?"

"What if something happens him," Kai says, turning Jane's words around. "I'm going to bring him back. And that's final. You take care, alright?"

Jane weakly lets go of Kai's collar, taking a step back from the car. Kai nods, turning the key in the ignition and driving off down the path.

"For fuck's sake," Jane curses, pulling at her long blonde hair that's in wavy ringlets. "He's not worth it."

Dwight begins to speak. "Everyone is worth something. You can't say things like that."

Jane's mouth opens wide, offended with what he has just said. "Don't you dare talk to me that way, boy!"

Dwight frowns. "At least Daryl is out looking for your daughter! I don't see you doing anything about it! You should be thanking him!"

Jane's nails dig into her waist, her blood beginning to simmer, but it was only a matter of time before it developed into boiling. "Go to hell, you useless-"

"WALKERS! LOOK OUT!"

Jane and Dwight look back up at the prison, walkers taking over the grounds. Fava shouts again, shooting her pistol she holds in her small hands. The rest of the group begin to shoot as well, running into the prison through the entrance.

"Fava! Watch!" Bobby yells, a walker coming up after Fava who's on the second step. Fava turns on her heel, punching the walker in the face making the creature tumble back landing on the concrete. Bobby opens the door, running into the prison along with Fava who's wolf is stuck beside her side.

Lance comes storming up, walking towards the two prisoners that are standing motionless by the tall fence.

"Use!" Lance yells, pointing at the two men, dilating his eyes back and forth. "Use did this!"

Two gun shoots is heard behind, Dwight protecting Jane from two approaching walkers that were threatening to kill her. They run behind the prison, going in the back way as the walkers are blocking the front entrance.

"Take it easy," Oscar says, raising his hands out from his chest. "We had nothing to do with this."

"BULLSHIT!"

Ring ring ring.

Loud ringing noises take over the entire prison, many walkers from outside emerging from the forest nearing the fence.