11- Surprising Caleb

A couple days later David was at lunch with a couple of his associates when he recieved a call from his private investigator. Excusing himself from the table he walked outside to take his call.

"What do you have, did you find her?" He asks adjusting his tie in hopes that he had.

"I have not found her as of yet, she has not used any credit cards, nothing that will give off any clue of information, I even tried looking into where your car is since you said it had broke down, there's absolutely nothing."

"Damn she's good." He says scratching his head. He could tell that there was a difference in his voice, which meant it wasn't good. "Are you free where we can meet at the normal spot in about twenty minutes?"

"I can be there." The investigator says to him before he quickly hung up.

David walks back in the restaurant and sits back down "Sorry about that, but I have to leave and go meet with a client."

As the waitress was walking past he asked for the bill. "I'll get lunch today." He says pulling his credit card out of his wallet and handing his card to her when she came back.

"Thanks for lunch." Aaron his associate says to him. "What do you have going on?"

"My client is having some problems with her divorce, it's a pretty messy one." He sighs pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well if you need help, you know that's my specialty." Aaron says shaking his hand.

"Thanks, but I'm sure that this is something that I can handle myself."

David leaves the restaurant looking around at his surroundings as he left and headed to his car, he didn't trust Michael and figures that he might be getting followed by him or his men. Anything was possible with him, after everything that Tiffany told him about him and how Michael was acting towards him he just didn't trust him. He then heads to a park where he normally meets with the investigator. Looking in the rearview mirror making sure that he isn't being followed. As he pulled into the parking lot he saw the investigator standing at the bench waiting for him.

As he approached the investigator he shook his hand "Thanks for meeting me here."

"Not a problem, I'm glad that you wanted to meet here, I wanted to let you know that I believe your phone lines have been tapped, so I didn't want to say to much on the phone, and don't be afraid to be on the lookout you could be being followed right now."

"I had sensed that and I already assumed that I am being followed, I wanted to bring up that she had mentioned that the engine blew on the car. Is there anyway that you could find out if an engine has been ordered for that car in the areas of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Kansas?"

"I'm not sure but I can see what I can do, just know that it might take some time. Why those areas?"

David sighs "She doesn't have much time, I just don't understand why she won't tell me anything. I want to get to her before Michael does. I only thought of those area's after looking at the map and from the date she had first called me letting me know about the car breaking down, they are just a guess."

His investigator looks at his watch "I'll get right on it, but I've got to get going, I have to meet with another client."

"If you come up with something, please call and will go have lunch."

*****

Michael was at home sitting at his desk sipping on a glass of cognac. Cussing away that nobody had found Tiffany yet, with his face turning a different shade of red as he looks over her credit card bills to see if there were any clues before she left also after she had left, getting more angrier after not finding any information that could lead to her whereabouts, he crumbles them up and throws them to the ground. "I'd still like to know how that little bitch got into my damn safe." He growls as he looked at the safe.