Chapter 16

Important A/N at the end

Skylinn's POV

The next morning Mike and I spent telling our parents about our engagement. After that was done we had breakfast at the Brew, but after all of that, he had to leave for the day to work. 

"So how about this dress, it comes with a diamond clutch", Hanna asked Ela who was sitting in front of me and my cousin. We were helping her pick out a dress. 

"It's super beautiful but I want something that's different and yet traditional. Last time Bairen and I got married we were dressed like cowboys, it was so different and this time I want something unique", Ela smiled up at us. 

"So none of these?", I asked pointing to the five dresses Hanna and I picked out for Ela. 

"No sorry girls", she smiled. "Hanna could I see your dress?".

"Eh yeah but I don't have one we don't even have a date", Hanna smiled awkwardly. 

I knew she didn't want to admit it but she was afraid to marry Jordan. Since she came here, a lot of memories were overwhelming her and Caleb being with Spencer isn't easy on her. 

I totally get why she still doesn't know I he is really the right one. 

"Oh", Ela responded. "And you Sky?", "Oh we just got engaged and I wouldn't tell you", I smirked giving her a wink. 

"True", she laughed standing up taking my hands in hers. "I am so incredibly happy for you two. I couldn't ask for a better daughter in law".

"Thank you", I smiled pulling her in a hug. Then a thought hit me. 

"I have the perfect dress for you. But I have to get it I can bring it to your house tonight". 

"That would be great", "Oh and I will do the tables", Hanna smiled. "Thank you, girls, so much". 

"What dress are you getting and where?", Hanna asked as soon as Ela left the loft. "Do you remember the dress I got for my formal before I came here?", I asked. 

"You mean before your parents died?", "Exactly it's perfect for Ela and it's always been a couple sizes too big for me", I explained. "True".

°°°°°TIME SKIP°°°°°

"Are you sure you want to go alone?", Hanna asked leaning against my car door. "Yes trust me, I might catch up with some of my old friends don't worry I will be fine", I smiled at my older cousin. 

"If someone is bothering you or if something happens, call me", she said pointing a finger at me. "Yes mom", I chuckled.

I then took of to my old town...

I parked the car near my old house. As soon as my feet hit the sidewalk sadness washed over me. 

Then I began walking towards my old house, there were people in it I could see them through the windows. 

I haven't been at the house since the car crash it brought too many memories up, how I would sneak out late at night climbing out the window. How my dad and I would play in the garden. How my mom taught me cooking. 

how my old friends and I sit in the garden talking about random stuff. How Hanna and I would practice riding the bicycle. 

Those thought brought tears in my eyes that I didn't even notice. I wiped them away and continued my way to the little heard of the small town. 

A small cafe came in my view and then I saw him sitting there. 

Matt.

As soon as he came into my sight my heart started pounding in my chest. "Sky", he breathed out as he saw me and immediately pulled me in a hug.